Chit Chat

Did I get stood up?!

I just posted a free dining room table with six chairs on Craiglist...within an hour a gentleman wanted to come from the East of St. Paul to come and get it (15 minutes from my house).  So I hauled it out to my yard as to not have a stranger in my house and an hour later he's still not here.

Who NO SHOWS for a free table!?!?  I DO NOT want to haul that beast back in... I hope he's just lost.  Also, if I don't come back within an hour, call the POLICE I'VE BEEN MURDERED!  ;)

Re: Did I get stood up?!

• Post another Craigslist with the words free curbside in the title. It will be gone by nightfall.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    Post another Craigslist with the words free curbside in the title. It will be gone by nightfall.
    I was just thinking I should do that... I live in association that has stupid rules, but it's worth a shot.  I'll give this gent a little longer and then do that!
  • Oh no I hope he shows up! That shit is heavy!!! I've hauled for free craigslist stuff before.

I guess if he doesn't show you could always just drop it off at a Salvation Army/Amvets/whatever donation shops you have by you . . . . right??  I mean - you weren't getting paid for it anyway . . .
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• LabLove86 said:
    Oh no I hope he shows up! That shit is heavy!!! I've hauled for free craigslist stuff before.

I guess if he doesn't show you could always just drop it off at a Salvation Army/Amvets/whatever donation shops you have by you . . . . right??  I mean - you weren't getting paid for it anyway . . .
    I wish I could.. I drive a small small car and have no way to haul it. :-/  
  • BreMR said:
    LabLove86 said:
    Oh no I hope he shows up! That shit is heavy!!! I've hauled for free craigslist stuff before.

I wish I could.. I drive a small small car and have no way to haul it. :-/  
    Oh boo . . . . would any of them around you come pick them up? The ones in my area will come pick up stuff if its too big for the person bring in. But I think you have to schedule it. And since its Sunday . . . .

• Oooh I didn't know that, but if I can't get rid of it right now I could always put it in my garage until I could schedule a pick up, thanks for the idea!!! 
  • Goodwill and salvation army do free pick up, but it must be scheduled.

Anniversary
  • No prob! Just a heads up though - don't know what area you're in. I know they do it here (WNY), but they don't for a friend of mine who lives in LA - so . . . . it depends on area. . . . but good luck!!

• That's happened to me more times than I can count. Post it again and, if the guy shows up, tell him he missed his shot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • St. Vincent de Paul will also pick up. If all else fails, call Habitat for Humanity. A table for a newly built house would be a welcome treat.
  • Craigslist people do that ALLTHETIME. They have nothing invested. :( Sorry he wasted your time.

• Well, he called me back an hour or so later and said he got lost (not entirely sure how!) and he picked it up.  I actually feel bad now because after everyone's suggestions I discovered that the vets were coming to my neighborhood on the 9th and they take donations!  

I guess the important thing is that it's no longer in my dining room and I didn't get murdered.  However, I will keep the donation route in mind for next time! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards