Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Websites

So I've created my wedding website, and I want to share on my Facebook for friends/family/etc., but I'm also kind of nervous sharing it with my wedding date and location information on it. Should I even be worried about that, or is it acceptable to have a public wedding website?

Re: Wedding Websites

• tayrobbs said:
    So I've created my wedding website, and I want to share on my Facebook for friends/family/etc., but I'm also kind of nervous sharing it with my wedding date and location information on it. Should I even be worried about that, or is it acceptable to have a public wedding website?
    Don't share.  Too many horror stories of people commenting on public Facebook posts and trying to invite themselves, being offended they aren't invited, etc.

Just include the URL on your save-the-dates or spread it only to those who are invited.  

You should also password-protect the areas of the website with your personal and RSVP information.  That's just good internet safety regardless of whether you share on Facebook or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I wouldn't share it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Unless you are inviting all of your facebook friends, you shouldn't put your invitation information on facebook.
  • There is no need to put wedding info on Facebook.  What happens when one of your uninvited friends starts asking where there invite is? What happens when someone shares your FB posts with people not invited? It will just create a mess and drama. 
  • My priest told me a horror story that the couple showed up for the wedding but no one was there to marry them because apparently a crazy ex called and cancelled the wedding. He had to scramble last minute when the wedding showed up at the church. I do have a wedding website that people can find if they search, but I don't have the time and other details of the ceremony on there. I also included the website on my STDs. You could also just email it out to family and close friends but I wouldn't publicly share it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a non-searchable wedding website (though I guess if someone was skilled and really desired, they could find it?). But it lists the time, place, and date of the wedding.  Does anyone feel this is an issue? 
  • You could send them the link on Facebook via private message, but don't post it publicly on any social media site. Otherwise, just write the URL on save the dates & invites.

I have also seen people do a private Facebook event page for their wedding as a STD, where only those invited by bride & groom can see the event page. You could do something like that with your wedding info & link to your website and invite only definitely wedding guests to join the private group.  Facebook can be a useful communication tool, even for wedding planning, but it doesn't need to be public communications.

But, again, don't post anything about wedding in a public forum.  If you public post on Facebook and not all your friends are invited, you will have people upset that they didn't get an invite or you risk people showing up that weren't invited. Or worse, like PP's have said, you could have a hostile ex or frenemy that decides to sabotage your wedding. If you public post about your wedding, even generic comments or countdowns, best case scenario is that your friends will get annoyed because, honestly, most of them don't really care about your wedding... at least not in detail. And any more than a couple public posts about your wedding planning just looks AW-ish to most of your friends & family.  But posting actual detail can be dangerous.

• Omg that horror story about the crazy ex is insane!!! Don't know what venue would allow that to happen without the actual bride or groom calling to cancel but I def believe it can happen!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards