Chit Chat

Really?

My neck pillow for the plane ended up on the floor somehow.     Then it became a tug-of-war toy.

Grrr.   My flight is a red-eye.  I like pillows on red-eyes.

I'm going to be off for a few days.  If you need any mod help just report the post and one of the other fabulous mods will help you out.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Really?

• I'm sorry about your pillow. =( Have a nice trip! Are you going anywhere good?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Enjoy your trip! Maybe you can find a new pillow at the airport (though probably grossly overpriced.)

• NYC and Long Island.   My SIL is getting married.    It's going to be one hell of a party.  There is a gap, but I get to travel on the bus with the WP that has a built in bar.  So I will forgive them for the gap  ;-)

Plus with the wedding is on our anniversary.  It will be fun to celebrate with family and friends.   I'm getting my hair and makeup done.  I'm hoping they can add one of the Swarovski hair pins I wore at my wedding in my hair as a surprise for DH.  It's a starfish.      I'm not sure he will remember them.  I guess we will see.  I'm wearing the diamond bracelet he gave me on our wedding day also.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    sarawifenowOliveOilsMomerinlin25NYCMercedes
  • lyndausvi said:
    NYC and Long Island.   My SIL is getting married.    It's going to be one hell of a party.  There is a gap, but I get to travel on the bus with the WP that has a built in bar.  So I will forgive them for the gap  ;-)

Plus with the wedding is on our anniversary.  It will be fun to celebrate with family and friends.   I'm getting my hair and makeup done.  I'm hoping they can add one of the Swarovski hair pins I wore at my wedding in my hair as a surprise for DH.  It's a starfish.      I'm not sure he will remember them.  I guess we will see.  I'm wearing the diamond bracelet he gave me on our wedding day also.
    Nice! Is the wedding in the city or Long Island? 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    ceremony is in Rockville Centre. Reception is in Brooklyn. ETA - we are meeting friends in the city on Sunday. Well they are club members. They would have flown us back to CO on the private jet. But they have to go to FL first. bummer. Maybe next time.

• *makes plans to kidnap @lyndausvi*
    ~*~*~*~*~

lyndausviJCbride2015
  • *makes plans to kidnap @lyndausvi*
    I'll help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

lyndausviCookie Pusher
  • I've already been to EWR once this week and already have plans to go back on Friday night. No reason I can't take another ride out there to kidnap a Knottie for the sloth farm!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• We are going through JFK this trip. Boo. Plus my schedule is already overbooked. I will need a vacation from the vacation.

• Ewww JFK. I hate JFK almost as much as I hate LaGuardia!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Ewww JFK. I hate JFK almost as much as I hate LaGuardia!
    EWR is the best.  Decent food and so much easier to get to, even if you're coming from Manhattan.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Seriously. People bitch about EWR but it's so much better then the other local options. It's accessible by so many highways and there are so many places to park. I don't care that it's sometimes cheaper to fly from LGA or JFK - saving a few bucks is NOT worth the hassle and aggravation! 
    ~*~*~*~*~

• MIL lives  about 20 minutes from JFK.  Makes more sense to go there.   But yeah, it's not my favorite airport.  We also fly into LGA occasionally.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards