Chit Chat

It's happening! (And a few setting up pictures)

ohannabelleohannabelle member
First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
edited September 2014 in Chit Chat
Ohmygod, Saturday's almost here. I miss all of you, so grabbing the last few minutes of quiet before the crazy begins. (No smartassery about it already being here, I know that.)
Realized last night that I had missed my hairdressing appt., because after I built the giant moon, I decided hats were needed. No moustaches  on sticks. So I became a hot gluing millener. Hats all over the damned place. 
So coloring my hair and drinking coffee and enjoying the happy quiet.

Minus a few pearls (later) daughter's dress is done, and sitting in a magical glow of clean and white, waiting. 

Lace globes ready to go.

Chairs for lounge area upholstered, trimmed, and looking expectant.

120 feet of banners, (vintage lace, ribbon, and printed fabric graphics), packed up and ready to go. 

Boxes of  rented glasses all over the frikking world. 

My new almost granddaughter flew in last night, and coming for her final fitting this afternoon. Have I mentioned I love her? (Just remembered I need to starch her petticoats today.)

100 wedding cake, dress, and entwined heart cookies baked, decorated, packaged, and at mom's, safe from my boy. He is 17, and not to be trusted with cookies.

Vintage handkerchief collection cleaned, pressed, tied with lace and ribbons and millenery flowers, to be sacrificed for tender hearted guests.

Vases,  3 window boxes, milk glass for the tables and antique bottles for the restrooms, waiting for flowers.

In two hours, driving to the dahlia farm. I love it there. It's like driving into munchkin land, with all these incredible giant flowers and exploding colors. The dahlia man is 90, and I love him, too. He's been saving back creams and peaches for me in a corner of the field. This morning, we cut. (I find farms very soothing. Memories of great Grandma, and walking through the quiet rows of growing things.)

Later, to the wholesale floral warehouse to pick up roses and roses and roses and spray roses and hydrangeas and dusty miller and seeded eucalyptus and I can't remember what else I ordered. Other things. It will be a surprise.

Tomorrow, florals. And whatever I have forgotten.

I am so effing excited it has transformed into a weird tranquil calm.

duhitsdAprilH81slothiegalcupcait927lurkergirlPineapplePopsiclespenguin44alpacalunchraissyraislc07holyguacamole79OliveOilsMomflyingfoxesmrscomposergladyscfMommyKristin88RebeccaB88Peaseblossom55Kaurisashley8918wajohnson09NYCMercedesAddieCakepinkcow13DanikaMarie0227paperpusher

Re: It's happening! (And a few setting up pictures)

• You are the best MOB ever. So so exciting!! Yay for you and your daughter. 
    falsara
  • You are the greatest mom ever. I can't wait to see how this all turns out!
  • You are amazing. Seriously and totally amazing.
  • I can't wait for you to come back with pictures from the wedding. Make sure you enjoy the day too!!! I'm sure you will be a proud mama.
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
    ohannabelle
  • You are amazing! Wow.

Card box- get a cheapie birdcage from Wally World, toss on a pretty blow and other decor and call it a day. I bet you can get it done in 10 minutes.

You're the queen of all that is crafty.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    AprilH81ohannabellebeharrington
  • Holy moly woman! 
    ohannabelle
  • I am so effing excited it has transformed into a weird tranquil calm.

I always refer to that feeling as 'Critical Mass'

Also, your descriptions of things are so perfect. 'Quiet rows of growing things' hit me and I could ENVISION that shit, my great grandpa walking through their backyard garden.

I'm so excited for you! You are superMOB, the standard that we should all live up to should we become MOBs.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

ohannabellewandajune6
  • Yay! Your children are lucky to have such a funny, brilliant, artistic, and willing mom. I can't wait to see photos of this wedding (please tell me you'll be sharing them!).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
    ohannabelleOliveOilsMomwandajune6
  • I am insanely excited and happy for you.  I can't even think of enough words to tell you how awesome you are.  Come back with lots of stories and pics!!
    Anniversary

ohannabelle
  • I can't wait to hear all about the wedding. Congrats, mama! Your daughter's wedding will be perfect and you are an awesome MOB!
    ohannabelle
  • You are amazing!

ohannabelle
  • You are so effing efficient! Totally amazing! Don't worry about the card box, pretty sure you'll whip up something in no time! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    ohannabelle
  • Good job, mama sloth. She deserved a good telling-off.

ohannabelle
  • Jesus fucking christ. How you did not assault that lady with flowers is beyond me.

GIRL DON'T BE HITTIN' ME WITH FLOWERS!!!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

slothiegalRebeccaFlowerwandajune6ohannabelle
  • The flowers are beautiful! Forget the bitch next door and go back to your happy place. The wedding is going to be amazing!
    You truly win the MOB OF THE YEAR award
  • Who cares about next door Bitch McWhore?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She should move to Uranus. No trees there.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

raissyraisgladyscf
  • So excited to see pictures.

And, because I'm a self-absorbed bitch today, hoping that you'll post some of your beautiful crafts for sale in the classifieds!
    ohannabelleashley8918AprilH81
  • You are the queen. Your daughter should thank you profusely. You are incredible!

Best thing about you being a MOB: no honeymoon so you'll be back on TK in no time.
    eyeroll
  • You want to be my mom for a bit? (:
  • I have no words.... WOW
    Happiness is an inside job
  • I can't wait to see pictures!
  • So excited to see pictures.

And, because I'm a self-absorbed bitch today, hoping that you'll post some of your beautiful crafts for sale in the classifieds!
    Seconded!
  • Wonderful! Now it's time for you to rest.
  • Beautiful!

You are such a great mom. Enjoy your day doing nothing but relaxing!
  • Weepy looks very Happy!
    eyeroll
    ohannabelle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards