Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sending save the dates to multiple individuals at one address

I am sending out magnets for my save the dates and I was wondering if it would be OK to send ONE magnet to each household. For a few relatives we have elderly family members living with their children or adult children still living at home. I will send a separate invite to each person/couple when the time comes, but I was wondering if it would be OK to just send one magnet addressed to everyone at the address for the save the dates. It just seems excessive to send 3 magnets to one household. Would this offend anyone? Would it be better to just send one to each person? Thanks!

Re: Sending save the dates to multiple individuals at one address

• I'm not 100% sure what etiquette says about this (I'm sure the other ladies will be glad to fill you in) - but be warned that this can get sticky, if your guests make the assumption that everyone in the household will be invited and you don't intend to invite all of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Honestly, I'd treat STDs the same way one treats invitations. I had that situation myself just for one family and sent two STDs and two invitations to the same house.  Is anyone living there getting a guest (significant other) that doesn't live there?  For example, widowed Grandmother invited alone or with a special friend, two parents invited together, and 26-year-old son and his non-live-in girlfriend... You'd need at least two, if not three sets to the same house.

However this might be one of those victimless crimes. If you intend to invite only everyone who physically lives in that house, if you put all their names on the STD envelope it would be clear. If they get non-live-in guests, send everything separately.  

• edited September 2014
    STD's are not formal correspondence. It is perfectly fine to send on STD to the address and list the names of all the people in the household who will be invited. 

If you send it you must in invite all list don the STD. You do not need to include dates or guests on the STD that you plan to invite, but who do not live at the address - this info will be conveyed on the invite. It will save you from the assumption that they will get a plus one for sure, which you may not want to extend if the relationship ends and they don't have a new SO.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I would say this is a bit tricky.

We did STD's for our wedding and sent them to the households.  We listed everyone who lived in the house that was invited (i.e. Mom, Dad, Grown Daughters 1 and 2 and Grown Son).  Although everyone was getting a plus one, we didn't list it on the STD envelop. 

However, we did not have any tough houses (i.e. inviting just the Mom and Dad without their grown children, etc).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards