Chit Chat

So I don't freeze on my wedding day...

Woo hoo, my wedding is Saturday!

The day will have a high of around 62, and it'll be mostly sunny! YEAH!!!

I'm wearing a silk and chiffon column dress, which is why I think I'm going to freeze. We're doing all of our pictures during the afternoon before the evening ceremony, and we'll be tromping around outside. Some pictures may be indoors.

Do you think I should bring a white-ish pashmina, or maybe a black and silver wrap (wedding colors are black and white)? Or, what about one of those half cardigans (the ones that only cover your shoulders/blades and arms)? I have a half-cardigan in black.

I don't particularly want to be photographed with a wrap or cardigan, but we do want more documentary-style photos so it might be unavoidable. When my sister got married it was 34 degrees in October but she was wearing more of a ball gown; she didn't wear anything extra in her outdoor photos.  I get cold easily though so....

Thoughts? Suck it up and be chilly or wear something?   Would anything for warmth just look tacky?

Thanks for your input :)

Re: So I don't freeze on my wedding day...

• Well since 60 is summer weather to me, I would say suck it up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

theartistformerlyknownas
  • Are you from Florida?

62 is not chilly to me, so I wouldn't be wearing anything to keep warm, lol.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• The extended forecast right now for my wedding day is 67 and partly sunny. We're doing the same - all the pictures in the afternoon and an outdoor ceremony at 6:30. I'm planning on just sucking it up and having a cute cardigan waiting for me once we're done with pictures so I can stay warm until the ceremony.

• Definitely have something white with you in case you need a wrap.
    holyguacamole79beharrington
  • I'm always cold. I'd bring a pashmina. 
  • LOL, no, I'm in Chicago. This always happens-- 50 feels amazingly warm in spring and freezing in fall. Today I'm wearing a long-sleeve cotton shirt with jeans and a light fashion scarf, and I feel cold. It's 52. A "high" of 62 means that most of the day will be in the 50's. That darn Lake Michigan.

• I'd bring both the black half cardi and the pashmina. You can make a game time decision.

I think your adrenaline will be pumping full time, so you may not even really notice.
    *********************************************************************************

ashley8918
  • Oh, if only Chicago stayed like that year round and didn't get crazysauce cold in the winters... it would be my happy place. We're in the nineties here. We decided October wedding because it would be consistently in the 70s (hopefully...) by then.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Wow, I'd love to have that weather right now! Here in Florida it is still in the high 80s. I am just hoping a cold front comes through for my wedding day so that it is bearable!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ok, glad to hear a pashmina or cardigan is reasonable. Will pack. Thanks!

holyguacamole79
  • Oh, if only Chicago stayed like that year round and didn't get crazysauce cold in the winters... it would be my happy place. We're in the nineties here. We decided October wedding because it would be consistently in the 70s (hopefully...) by then.
    90s?! It was 42 when i got to work this morning (Chichago-ish). I do not miss the 90s one bit. Bring on the cold!
  • I hadn't planned on bringing anything to keep warm at my outdoor wedding (we live on the coast and slightly chilly is normal summer weather), but the night before the wedding I was digging through a drawer I never go through and found an old pashmina that was exactly the eggshell color of my dress.  I brought it with me and was so glad I did!  Our "sunset" pictures turned into pre-storm pictures.  In the 10 minutes it took us to walk to our headlands location for pictures, black clouds blew in and the wind was crazy.  The pashmina made all the difference and actually looked really good in the pictures!
  • Well I'm getting married in early October in Cali, so we'll probably have 80 degree weather. BUT I always get cold at night. I'm just planning on using Fi's (DH's then!) suit jacket if I get chilly because no fucks are given after "I do".
  • Same forecast for me in Detroit on Saturday and I'm THRILLED about it. But I get hot easily and am very rarely cold, especially with my hair down. It's like a blanket.

Sorry, don't have anything helpful to say.

ashley8918larrygaga
  • Same forecast for me in Detroit on Saturday and I'm THRILLED about it. But I get hot easily and am very rarely cold, especially with my hair down. It's like a blanket. Sorry, don't have anything helpful to say.
    I try not to laugh at people who think 60 is cold, especially since I am from Da Yoop, but it's really hard isn't it!!!

JUST KIDDING OP. You get on with your shawl wearing self.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

ashley8918
  • I wore a black leather jacket in the car back and forth and now some of those pictures are used for promos for my photographer... wear whatever you want!
  • larrygaga said:
    Same forecast for me in Detroit on Saturday and I'm THRILLED about it. But I get hot easily and am very rarely cold, especially with my hair down. It's like a blanket. Sorry, don't have anything helpful to say.
    I try not to laugh at people who think 60 is cold, especially since I am from Da Yoop, but it's really hard isn't it!!!

JUST KIDDING OP. You get on with your shawl wearing self.
    I was wearing pants and short sleeves the other night and took out the dog.  I step outside and say, "Man, it's a little chilly, let me grab a little sweater."  I checked the thermometer.  It was 78 degrees.  Pretty much anything under 80 is getting chilly to me.

But it's okay.  We laugh at all the yankees who come to the beach and go swimming at Thanksgiving because they think 65 degrees is hot ;)

larrygaga
  • I have nothing else to add but

Happy wedding weekend!!!
    beharrington
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards