Wedding Woes
Options

Art Museum Fundraiser

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited September 2014 in Wedding Woes
Little bit of background:  We have a small, but very nice art museum in our city.  A new director has been brought on board, who ordered a complete inventory of their collection.  The inventory has discovered a large collection of beautiful dresses and other textiles that are as old as early 17th century.  This was the first of a newly created annual fundraiser specifically to raise money for their restoration and display.  So, the fundraiser is fashion related.

One of my bosses is a sponsor and couldn't go.  He sent out an e-mail asking if anyone wanted his tickets.  I asked for 2 and he ended up giving me 2 more.  So, I took 3 of my friends with me.  We're all about the same age, with higher education in liberal arts and a love of sewing and art, so we were all pretty excited to see the 1 dress they did put on display.  Plus there was another exhibit I had been wanting to see anyway.  The fashion show itself was going to be from the locally owned boutique stores.  None of the 4 of us were real excited about that; not being the size or income bracket these stores are going for, so we just figured we'd leave at intermission if we didn't like it.

We get there and it's an open bar.  Woohoo!  The dress is gorgeous and so is the exhibit I had been wanting to see.  The people watching was fantastic.  The number of jumpsuits running around.  The leopard print jumpsuit that looked like pajamas.  Gold fishnet stockings.  The one woman who looked like  a retired ballerina with this beautiful flowing blouse and skirt and then fishnet stockings that just didn't fit somehow.  The one girl who had her tag sticking up the entire night; we decided it must be a rich person way of sharing your brand names.  Lots and lots of faux hawks.  The worst fitting suit of all time, both in the too big and in the too small categories.  Soooooo many skinny jeans and cowboy boots.  Rich people can be hella crazy with their fashion.

We find out we have reserved seats in the auditorium for the fashion show.  

Curtain goes up...and there's 3 very attractive men standing there in tuxedo pants and nothing else.  Everyone's mouth drops open and then the cheering begins.  I can't really tell you much about many of the clothes, but I can tell you that there was another show with the men in their underwear and another one with them in jeans.  There was eventually a total of 5 of them wandering around on that stage half-naked.  We didn't leave at intermission.  Heck, at intermission they were serving shots in the lobby!  We kept looking around saying, "This IS the art museum, right?  Right."  It was a good thing that I had asked DH to drop me off and pick me up, b/c I had a definite buzz by the time it was all over.  They were even letting us bring the wine and beer and shot stuff into the auditorium.

It was a very good time.  :D

Re: Art Museum Fundraiser

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards