Chit Chat
Options

I'm curious...

What do you think full coverage in a photography contract means? 
Just ceremony/Reception, the entire day with getting ready pictures, first look pictures, etc.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm curious...

• Options
    I would think that means the entire day.  But you should ask.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I would also assume it means the entire day, starting from when you get ready, etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm having issues with my photographer. At least we are right now - I'm wondering if he forgot we upgraded. I haven't had a response yet but I am freaking. I AM REALLY REALLY hoping I am freaking for no reason and has just simply forgotten we upgraded to full coverage...

Warning, venting. 

See we upgraded to full coverage and bonus books, etc. 
    But our contract just says full coverage. I mentioned I wanted a first look, getting ready pictures... everything. He said no problem - you have me all day. So verbally this was agreed on... He said normally people don't want a first look but no problem.

His Bronze package is 5 hours. Silver is 9 hours. Gold is full coverage - This is our package. (I'd assume full coverage was 12+ seeing as silver was 9).

But when I sent him my timeline which included bridal party pictures before the ceremony, first look and then getting ready pictures... He has now said I only have 2 hours prior to the ceremony for getting ready pictures at the brides house. If it's at a hotel we can take bride pictures and a few groom pictures. Nothing like we agreed on verbally. 

--- 

He's also now just mentioned he wants to bring an assistant and mentioned "Hope you don't mind if I do" ... Well I'm not paying for an extra assistant. I also wasn't planning on adding another guest to my list which will cost me $100 alone. I know I can say no to the assistant but if he feels he needs an assistant for our photos - well I'd like him to be prepared and able. 

---

I'm really just freaking out and just praying this is a huge misunderstanding. As well as if I can work out a deal about adding the assistant seeing as none of my vendors will be drinking.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So how many hours is he planning on giving you? Does the 2 hours prior to the ceremony include the first look or only getting ready pictures? I would think, like PPs, that full coverage meant the entire day. I think you need to voice your concerns with him immediately. If you are paying for full coverage that is what you should get.

• Options
    He would be giving us a total of 10. (8 for the wedding, 2 for getting ready). He's giving us just the getting ready photos from what his email stated, 2 hours before ceremony at the brides house. OR if it's at the same location (ie hotel) he will take some of us individually. No mention of first look in the email or early bridal party pictures. I have emailed him saying that I was under the understanding that we have full coverage for the entire day and that we had previously spoken about first look pictures- I really just hope he's forgotten our package and this won't be a battle because that's a battle I am willing to fight.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense that full-coverage is only 1 hour longer than the silver plan, it would be ridiculous to pay what I'm assuming is a good amount more money just for 1 hour.

• Options
    jynxiie said:
    I really just hope he's forgotten our package and this won't be a battle because that's a battle I am willing to fight.
    Is It bad that I'm kind of hoping that he hasn't forgotten just because I want to see the oncoming smack down that you provide him with? Hehehe. Gotta love a good drama every once in a while!
  • Options
    Well hopefully he gives you the full day like he said, but you could ask him to shave off a few hours from the end of the reception and put it before the ceremony. After a few dances and cake cutting, all the pictures probably won't be that amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Full coverage SHOULD include a second shooter, so they can split up and cover more shots/angles.

ETA I had 8 hours total - 2 before the ceremony + 6 during/after and it was plenty. If you want getting ready/first look just shift the whole thing 2 hours earlier to 4+6. You don't NEED 8 hours all for the wedding.

• Options
    Thank you, he still hasn't responded.
    If it wasn't a mistake and full coverage is really just one extra hour... I'm going to have to cut some off the end like Lolo mentioned. 

I'll keep you guys updated.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards