Chit Chat
Options

Win a trip to Jamaica

Couples Resorts (where I just stayed for my honeymoon) is giving away a week in Jamaica all inclusive plus airfare. They want "your unique love story" how you met and fell in love and they will pick a winner in 2 weeks for a trip in January. Well my story is way too boring to ever win, we were introduced by a friend and had a totally average 3 year relationship then got married. I thought maybe someone on here some had ridiculous, awesome story that was worthy of winning :) 

Here's the link to apply---> clicky 

Re: Win a trip to Jamaica

• Options
    I would love to win this, but how incredibly awkward would it be if FI and I won a trip to the exact city in Jamaica my XH and I honeymooned at? Hah. 
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    I would love to win this, but how incredibly awkward would it be if FI and I won a trip to the exact city in Jamaica my XH and I honeymooned at? Hah. 
    LOL right?! I stayed at the same place that my brother got married at for his first wedding. So before I went he was telling me all about how amazing it was.....in front of his new wife. Awkward! lol 

• Options
    When I first saw the title I thought this was vendor spam. Then I saw you posted this and I was like, oh good, this is real! I'll enter! Our story isn't crazy but it's kinda cool I guess? Hey, you never know!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    @pinkcow13 oooh do share! Good luck!

• Options
    Doubt I'll win but I entered. We're boring, haha. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I entered, but I doubt we will win:

Love at first site: Upon saying what a lovely first date we had and how I thought "I can't believe that you took me to a restaurant that I've been dying to try for so long!", his response was "Of course I did, it was where I was going to meet my wife."

We met online, OkCupid, and it was instant connection. We understood each other and had so much in comment. From the first message ("I like your hat.") we just understood each other and what we wanted.

Engaged at 5 months (even though I made him promise 6! But he just couldn't wait!) and just recently married at The French Laundry in Yountville, California; our relationship and wedding has been a dream come true.
  • Options
    I'm going to try to shorten it but here goes:

We met our first week into our freshman year of college. I was hanging out with my roomate, suitemate, and a new male friend. This friend had a crush on me, and became enraged when he thought I was "eyeing" my now Fiance. To embarrass me, he called him over along with the 2 guys he was with and introduced us to them. My Fiance's friend (who looked like a slightly older version of Steve Urkel) blurted out "Hello Ladies. My roomate is not around. Would you like to come over the room and watch some DVDs?" We were instantly creeped out. I told them that we were tired and were just going to go back to our room. The friend responded "We'll walk you." 

They followed us out, and I overheard my now Fiance say "Okay guys, this is weird." I looked back and thought he was kinda cute so I said to him "Listen, we're just going to the room. Why don't you give me your number and we'll call you?"
     He looked at me incredulously and said "You're asking me for my number?"
    "Sure, why not?" I responded. 
    I had no intentions of calling him, and I was just asking for his number as a friendly measure. I bumped into him a couple of times during the following week, and he asked me to call him. I did, we all went to dinner that night at the cafeteria and we realized that these guys were actually pretty cool. We played touch football after dinner, and after that night we became inseparable.

We went back to campus last year to celebrate our 12th anniversary. He proposed to me on campus, at the spot where we first met all those years ago. My roomate and suitemate who were with me when we first met are now my bridesmaids :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Does anyone know if its only open to US residents? I looked through the terms and conditions and it doesn't mention that anywhere. Oddly enough H and I are going to that city January 21-28, 2015. It would be nice to make it an extended holiday!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I wish we had an interesting story! I need some Jamaica in my life right now. 
  • Options
    It does not specify in the terms & conditions, so sure give it a shot!

• Options

I wish we had an interesting story! I need some Jamaica in my life right now. 

Make one up. How will they know the difference? Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards