Chit Chat

Can We talk About Inappropriate Comments for a Moment

Hi guys!! 

I want to know if I'm alone out there. Yesterday was my last day at work before the wedding (I'm getting married this sunday). I was trying to close off as many projects as possible. I was emailing a coworker back and forth to ensure I was helping him to the best of my ability. At the end of the exchange, he thanked me, and wished me well on my wedding day. I said "Thanks! I'm going to dance until I can't dance anymore!" He responds with "Well, save some energy for the wedding night!" 

Ugh. 

I am packing up my things and the cleaning lady shows up. She jumps in surprise as I am normally not here that late but I really didn't want to leave anyone with something I could fix myself. She recalls I am getting married and we have the typical "Good luck, much happiness!!" exchange, which I find very touching, as I have only just gotten to know her. Then she says "Don't drink too much!" 

"Oh! I won't, I assure you." I really mean this. I want to remember the day we worked so hard for. I want to catch up with friends and family, as bask in the glow of becoming a wife, not get black out drunk and fall over (like I normally do when I drink too much). I'd fall over into the cake. I bet you I would. 

"Wet it, don't soak it. Be ready on your wedding night." I'm assuming she means my thirst.....I hope. 

Ummm...really guys? Twice in one day I have heard advice on banging my new husband. This isn't new to us. We aren't virgins, not that it's anyone's business. I'm just curious is anyone else has received the same treatment, and who made the comment. I've received some great advice and well wishes too, but the sex ones made me roll my eyes a bit. Of all the people I would have thought made sex comments, these two were not the ones I would have named to do so.

ETA: I think I fixed the paragraph issue......YAY!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Can We talk About Inappropriate Comments for a Moment

• JFC, TK. I can't even fix the lack of paragraphs. GAH!!!

• Ugh. Yes. Heard it all, and it's awful.

• My coworker is queen of the inappropriate comments. She wants me so badly to spill about my (possible) sex life. I don't tell her anything. But she'll make comments all the time just to try and get a reaction. "Oh yeah? I bet that's what SO said when you were sucking him off last night!" Except usually her comments are more graphic.

Your post has curse of the paragraphs. Ahh!

Sorry you're dealing with dumb comments. And congratulations on getting married this weekend!

• Yep. I responded with, "nothing new for us." Then they make it seem like I'm the inappropriate one... 
    Anniversary

• TK is really fighting me right now.  I want to edit it so BADLY!!!

WTF is wrong with your coworker @levioosa?  I'm no prude, but honestly, I think when people say stuff like that they aren't getting any....

• I feel like the more people talk about it, the less they are getting themselves. I don't think we got any comments about that. But we've owned a home together for almost two years, so maybe they didn't think it was necessary.

Have a WONDERFUL wedding weekend! 
  • The most inappropriate comment I got was from a coworker, too. He insisted I get a pre-nup. None of his business.
  • Thanks :)  We've lived together 6 years.  I don't know why people are commenting now.  It's like "Oooh a wedding, you're gonna get some!"  

My one coworker got married in September and I was talking her about it.  She said "Oh, yeah, we didn't even have sex.  DH drank too much and I was exhausted."  Ummm...okay.  I wasn't going to go there.  I guess it works both ways.

• levioosa said:

My coworker is queen of the inappropriate comments. She wants me so badly to spill about my (possible) sex life. I don't tell her anything. But she'll make comments all the time just to try and get a reaction. "Oh yeah? I bet that's what SO said when you were sucking him off last night!" Except usually her comments are more graphic.

Your post has curse of the paragraphs. Ahh!

Sorry you're dealing with dumb comments. And congratulations on getting married this weekend!

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HER? What the hell kind of middle school pre-pubescent boy speak is she trying to accomplish???? BLECHHHHH
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• She gets it, but she also likes getting a reaction from people.  The worst is when she makes comments at/to our customers though.  I can enjoy some dirty jokes, but there are definitely lines that shouldn't be crossed in the workplace.  

• The office manager lady at my job, who is kind of like our office grandmother, makes inappropriate comments all the time. And she gets away with it because she's old and bat shit crazy.

Like when my coworker finally married her boyfriend of 8 years. Coworker was out sick one day, and the office manager was over by her desk and looking at the picture of her and her FI, made some remark about "Damn that took him a long time...she must be selfish in bed or something."

On another occasion, a couple weeks after I had fainted at the office, she cornered me in a very public part of the office and asked me if I was anorexic. When I said no, she declared that I must be pregnant. Loud enough for EVERYONE in my department to hear. Ugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kasmith1 said:

I feel like the more people talk about it, the less they are getting themselves. I don't think we got any comments about that. But we've owned a home together for almost two years, so maybe they didn't think it was necessary.

Same! We've lived together for a bit now, so people probably just didn't see the point in trying to pretend the obvious hasn't happened.
  • I've been very lucky that no one has said anything to us. We've been living together now for about a year and a half, and I bet that is what has deterred that.

I would hate having to hear that silly stuff all of the time. Like, why because you are getting married does it mean it is okay to ask about your sex life?! 

• Wow you guys have a lot of people that need to be reported to HR. I'm no prude at all, and at my office we talk about all kinds of things, but it's a know your audience. 

• Hi guys!! 

I want to know if I'm alone out there. Yesterday was my last day at work before the wedding (I'm getting married this sunday). I was trying to close off as many projects as possible. I was emailing a coworker back and forth to ensure I was helping him to the best of my ability. At the end of the exchange, he thanked me, and wished me well on my wedding day. I said "Thanks! I'm going to dance until I can't dance anymore!" He responds with "Well, save some energy for the wedding night!" 

Ugh. 

I am packing up my things and the cleaning lady shows up. She jumps in surprise as I am normally not here that late but I really didn't want to leave anyone with something I could fix myself. She recalls I am getting married and we have the typical "Good luck, much happiness!!" exchange, which I find very touching, as I have only just gotten to know her. Then she says "Don't drink too much!" 

"Oh! I won't, I assure you." I really mean this. I want to remember the day we worked so hard for. I want to catch up with friends and family, as bask in the glow of becoming a wife, not get black out drunk and fall over (like I normally do when I drink too much). I'd fall over into the cake. I bet you I would. 

"Wet it, don't soak it. Be ready on your wedding night." I'm assuming she means my thirst.....I hope. 

Ummm...really guys? Twice in one day I have heard advice on banging my new husband. This isn't new to us. We aren't virgins, not that it's anyone's business. I'm just curious is anyone else has received the same treatment, and who made the comment. I've received some great advice and well wishes too, but the sex ones made me roll my eyes a bit. Of all the people I would have thought made sex comments, these two were not the ones I would have named to do so.

ETA: I think I fixed the paragraph issue......YAY!
    Add me to the list of inappropriate commenters! I'm really glad you clarified because I thought the lady was giving you blow job advice.

• We almost eloped because we were both so freaked about the thought everyone at our reception would be thinking, "They're totally going to have sex tonight." It really, really bothered us. I didn't want all of the smirking, winking crap I'd seen at other weddings.

Luckily, our wedding was really small, but my mom kept making comments. "Give him whatever he wants tonight," and, "Don't forget to wash your parts. You've been running around all day."

I wanted to die.
  • Bahahahah "wash your parts" ??? 
  • I am totally anticipating baby comments pretty much a moment cocktail hour starts.  

Okay, so other people are crazy, not just weird coworker #1 and cleaning lady.  LOL

• We almost eloped because we were both so freaked about the thought everyone at our reception would be thinking, "They're totally going to have sex tonight." It really, really bothered us. I didn't want all of the smirking, winking crap I'd seen at other weddings.

Luckily, our wedding was really small, but my mom kept making comments. "Give him whatever he wants tonight," and, "Don't forget to wash your parts. You've been running around all day."

I wanted to die.
    OMG MOM!  STAHP!!!

• I almost killed my husband within the first day because of what he did...

We got married in the middle of the day (11:30AM ceremony followed by reception that ended at 5:00PM).  So after we packed up all our stuff drove it home and returned to the hotel room it was about 7.  So we both shower and do whatever, then get a text that a few peeps are going out to dinner and want us to join if we're up to it.  So we decide to meet up in the lobby of the hotel at 8 and do dinner.

As soon as we walk into the lobby one of my Husbands friends husband (N) immediately asks us in front of the a group of like ten people "So did you do it?"  Without a moment of hesitation my husband smiles, winks and said "Hell yeah!" 

I must have turned three different shades of pink to red I was soooooo embarassed and pissed.  I tried to play it off, but N just kept making references to the admission all night.  I mean N is a self proclaimed ass-hole (as in he introduces himself, "hey I'm N, I'm an asshole") but I was beyond pissed that my Husband would just blatently say that!!!  UGH!!! Some people are so rude!

• kasmith1 said:
    I feel like the more people talk about it, the less they are getting themselves. I don't think we got any comments about that. But we've owned a home together for almost two years, so maybe they didn't think it was necessary.

Yes the poor dears just trying to desperately live through us lol. It's sad really, we should pity them. Or they're just perverts with abominable manners!

But that said GoldChoco, you're getting married Sunday and it's so exciting!!! Have a lovely wedding weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

I think only a few people said something about "the night" at the reception and it wasn't bad enough to remember or bother me.  We'd lived together for a few years so most family and friends didn't say anything.

At work before the wedding I got sucked into questions unintentionally.  In a group (fun and entertaining group to begin with).  We were talking about when we get to work, etc. due to flex hours.  I come in super early so that I can leave early and I get asked in order to get here that early what time do I go to bed.  I answer and then the question follows with "Is that the time you go to bed or actually fall asleep".  I'm sure he meant it very innocently, but with the way it sounds the one gal points out "I'm sure it's not that different but try asking her again when she's married.".  Yup.  Many shades of red at that point.  Luckily I have a good sense of humor and I found it somewhat amusing but I was still very embarrased.

• Ewww to all of these! I'm so happy no one said anything like that to us. *shudder*
  • That is all just...so gross.

I haven't gotten many comments, and don't really expect to--most people who know me know that I have zero scruples about saying gross things (whether it's about sex, blood and guts, or anything else) so I'm pretty sure they realize that if they try to wink-wink-nudge-nudge me I'll probably just take it to a new level and embarrass them, instead. 
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • My dad thinks it's funny to mention pre-marital sex at every family function where his family is present too. So embarrassing. Thanks dad.
  • My family is huge on the comments; especially one side that is pretty strict about no sex before marriage. Somehow the comments are alright when they're almost married and it is alright for older married cousins and siblings to buy vibrating cock rings as wedding gifts...
  • We actually didn't get that many.

And not too many baby comments.  I know both our parents would love it if we had kids, but fortunately, neither one is the pushy kind.

The doctor who delivered H was at our wedding, and H told me he said, "So when will I be catching your baby?"

I have a cousin who got a wedding card in which someone wrote some sentiment about a happy marriage and wishing them many blessings "and may your loins be fruitful."  Not even kidding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards