Chit Chat

You or sig other- who has more friends?

I do. I am a very social person, so I had a good group of friends from high school. Made tons of friends in college. Then I moved across the country and met tons of friends out there. Have also made friends on vacations that I keep in touch with. A lot of my friends from college have also moved to other states so I tend to know people everywhere from NH to Miami to LA to London, you name it. Usually every Saturday while DH is at work, I meet up with someone for lunch. 

DH has literally one friend. He knows no one in any other state (except his cousins). In high school he had 2 buddies and one died in a car accident. The other moved about 2 hours from here so they text a lot and he was the best man but they don't actually see each other for months. He never went to college and went straight into his career at 18 years old. He still works at the same company 11 years later with the same old men so he hasn't made any work friends. He doesn't play any sports or do anything social at all. The only time he goes out to eat is with me. I kinda wish he had friends, like have a few guys over for football and beers, but he's content not being social so I guess it's ok. 

We're actually going to a pumpkin festival thing this Saturday with one of his coworkers and the guy's GF. I'm excited because we've been together 4 years and never done something like this, I feel like I'm dating like "I hope they like us! I hope it works out so we can see them again!" hahahah 
So how about you all- who has more friends? Do you have a lot of mutual friends? 

Re: You or sig other- who has more friends?

• Neither of us have a lot of friends. We have one good mutual friend that hosts a lot of parties so we have more half assed friends we see like once a month. H has one other good friend and I am super close with my sister.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • He's got more friends than I do.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    SO has more friends.  I guess a lot of his friends are "our" friends, since we all hangout together.  But I am not close with them by any means.
  • We have a pretty equal number of friends, but none are super close. Making new friends as an adult is so much like weird, platonic dating. I think we've both gotten to a point where we're happy just having relatively close acquaintances.
  • I'm not sure. V has a group of friends from highschool that he keeps up with and visits once or twice a year. I have several friends here but sometimes I wish we hung out more outside of school. So I think we are equal. V is definetly my best friend.
  • I have more friends, but he has more local friends. So, he sees his friends way more frequently than I do. We have some mutual friends since we work together, but due to our age difference, we don't have any mutual outside of work friends.

• I do although weirdly enough he talks to his mor via almost daily group texts but doesn't see them a lot
  • We met in college. He was in the fraternity next door to my sorority. So we have a lot of mutual friends. He keeps in touch with more of his college friends. I keep in touch with more of my high school friends. 

We are both home bodies, so we don't see any of them much. Need to fix that. 
    Anniversary

• He does. Because he makes friends with errrrrrrybody.
  • We have a group of mutual friends, I moved to FI'S town and ended up making friends with all of his friends so we're all pretty close.

I have a few friends that are just mine but they live across the country.

FI has a lot more friends due to his comedy career.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Simky906Simky906 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    DH does. Most of our good friends are mutual since we started dating in college and live in the same area where we attended school. DH has a lot of work friends though whereas mine are just co workers.
  • He used to have more, but since moving here, it is more equal. And most of our friends are mutual, but I have a few from work and from TK that I now know IRL that he hasn't met yet.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We have an equal amount of friends. Since we grew up together and were best friends before we dated in high school, we had a lot the same friends.

We each have our own friends though. We're both pretty social and extroverted, that we never meet a stranger.

• OP - I am in the same boat as you!

I have way more friends - I have made friends from almost every aspect of my life, and I make them very easily.

BF has acquaintances from work, and one friend who he grew up with that he sees as a brother. 

When we first met, and I was introducing him to various groups of people - he couldn't wrap his head around the fact that I had all these different groups friends. He is much more of a homebody and will find things to do here as opposed to calling up a friend to grab a cup of coffee or some lunch. 

I get stir-crazy if Im home without leaving for more than 24 hrs. 
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I think we have a fairly equal amount of friends, but different types. FI has high school and college friends where we live, but I didn't grow up here and most of my college friends have moved away after graduation. I have longtime friends who are like family, but none of them live here, and a handful of friends from work and church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have more friends but they're much more spread out. We see his buddies a lot since people constantly drop by the house. My friends who are in our city are nowhere nearby so it takes planning to see them. Stage of life also throws things off- his friends have kids who are high school aged and older while my friends are just starting to have kids. It has a huge impact on making plans.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have more since I'm much more social and more diligent about keeping in touch, although many of my friends have become his and vice versa.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I always say I have no friends because I don't like people. I have a close friend from each of high school, grad school 1, grad school 2 and a friend I met through DH.there are a bunch of other students that I hang out with occasionally. DH has a lot of friends because he is friendly and out going.

Anniversary
  • It's hard to say. He sees more friends more often than I do because he has more local/single friends. Most of my friends are married with kids so we don't hang out a few times a week like his friends want to. And he tolerates a lot more obnoxious people than I do, haha. But at our Halloween party this weekend, I'll have more people there.

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I do. Neither of us are very social but I can at least fake it till I make it. We share almost all of our friends, since we have been together so long and we aren't that creepy PDA couple that nobody wants to hang out with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think we're pretty equal, but I think I make more of an effort to see my friends (and they do too).  DH will go a year without seeing his friends.  They all used to be a lot closer, going to concerts, to shoot pool, whatever, but then they all got GF's/married up and started having kids and fell off the face of the earth.  My friends did the same, but we still try to get together even with the kids around and do it more often

• I would say I do.  I'm more social than he is.  But I would say he maybe has more good friends, while I have more BFF/close friends. Both of our parents still live in the respective towns where we grew up.  When we visit his hometown, he has a ton of good friends still there.  Me, not so much.  I didn't have a lot of friends the last couple years.  Lots of friends, I grew apart from in the last couple years of high school.  I also was more than ready to get out of there, and left literally weeks after turning 18.
  • He has more of those "all around friends" than I do cause he's such a charming social butterfly but we both have the same amount of close and best friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do.  We're actually not doing sides at the wedding because he's afraid my side will be full and his will be empty. 

• I have a pretty large, close circle, and we technically met through those friends, but before we started dating they had really just become my friends. Now, of course, he spends a lot of time with them, but he doesn't hang out with them without me much.

We live with his two best friends and he has a couple more good friends from high school. So he's had four or five close friends since he was a kid and I have a larger group that I am not quite as close to.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We both have big groups of friends.  And both of our groups are scattered around the country!  It's funny though, since we are 9 years apart our friends are very different from each other but all really fun and we all get along great!

• H is one of those people that makes friends everywhere he goes, so he has about double the amount of friends that I do. A lot of our friends have become mutual friends over the years, though.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • H has a ton of friends, but he is really, really bad at actually seeing them. Plus, a lot of them don't live here. I have a lot of really close friends who don't live locally and a decent circle here in town.

I socialize a lot more than he does- I usually have to have at least 1 or 2 organized events every weekend and he doesn't.
  • l9il9i member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I think we both have a good amount of friends as we are both outgoing and social.  I would say though that DH has more but they aren't all as close and I have less but they are closer.  We are both from the same area but when to different high schools and colleges so we made different friends.  My 'main' friends would be from college where DH's would be from high school.  We do have overlaps in friends, specifically when we find compatible couples.  We've also hosted parties with both our friends in which some of my friends have become friends with his on their own terms... funny how that works!
  • At this point I do, but it's probably just the stages of life we are at.  He's putting in 14 hour days of work, and so are a lot of his friends post-college, so it makes sense that they would have drifted apart.  I still don't have a ton of friends though.  I have my core group of really close friends, but a lot of them have moved, so it's not like we get to see each other all the time.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards