Chit Chat

Chose new floors PIP!

Sooo they didn't have a floor close in color to what we originally chose. But I think this new floor color will be better towards our design goals!

We learned that the discontinued floor was warping and pulling up from the floor despite not having water damage. It had an absorbing particle board in it. The new floor we chose is better designed for structure with 100% wood and won't warp like the other.

DH originally pulled this floor out and I was like AH that's too grey! But after seeing what it looked like with the cabinets, I like it.

I hope we are making a good choice, we didn't have other options besides a brown brown floor.

Also, they replaced my entire granite slab and put in my proper kitchen sink. I'm drooling!

image   image   image

Re: Chose new floors PIP!

• Oh I love it! A friend of ours put in wood flooring that was more gray and it looks fantastic in their house.
  • I am so jealous of your life right now! I can't wait to start house hunting/designing with my hubby. Hopefully soon! Until then, I will live viariously through you. More more more!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am so jealous of your life right now! I can't wait to start house hunting/designing with my hubby. Hopefully soon! Until then, I will live viariously through you. More more more!

Me too. I secretly hate you Sugargirl because you make me feel like I live in a dump and I want nice new things like you LOL

Those are really pretty!

• Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014

I am so jealous of your life right now! I can't wait to start house hunting/designing with my hubby. Hopefully soon! Until then, I will live viariously through you. More more more!

Haha it's not all butterflies and roses though. I hardly see my husband. We work constantly to be able to buy this house. But thank you! :) we are very excited to have the home in less than 2 months :)

image   image   image

• Is your granite a Delicatus White or White Ice by any chance?  It looks a lot like one of our first choices for the granite in our kitchen...  We ended up changing our cabinet color so we changed our granite selection too.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I LOVE the gray floors! It looks really good with the black cabinets. I can't wait to start decorating our new place too!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AprilH81 said:

Is your granite a Delicatus White or White Ice by any chance?  It looks a lot like one of our first choices for the granite in our kitchen...  We ended up changing our cabinet color so we changed our granite selection too.

No, we wanted Delicatus White though! It's called Santa Cecilia Light. We tried to find a granite that was white tan and grey.

image   image   image

• I LOVE the gray floors! It looks really good with the black cabinets. I can't wait to start decorating our new place too!!

Thanks! The cabinets are actually a dark brown espresso color.

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards