Chit Chat
Options

NWR I feel like a contagious ass

I have always felt strongly about staying home if I'm sick. Not for me, I'm the person who can clean the whole house on sick days, but because I don't want to contaminate the whole office. Unfortunately I just started this job a few months ago and have not started getting PTO yet. So here I am looking like death warmed over at my desk, I actually didn't even realize I was sick until I was at work long enough for the coffee to kick in. I had assumed I was up too late last night.

We are allowed 3 hours a week of flex time, but I have an exam for a county job on Friday that will use up the full 3 hours. So not only am I contaminating the office, I'm working late tonight to be able to take a test for another job. So now I feel doubly like an ass since I do like this job, but I applied for the court job 6 months ago and finally got called to take the exam. Double the pay and government benefits are screwing up my judgement.

If there is advice on the situation id love it.

Re: NWR I feel like a contagious ass

• Options
    Are you able to grab a mask? I'm sorry you're feeling so sick.

image   image   image

• Options
    Just wash your hands frequently and avoid talking to/touching anyone else as much as possible. 

We like to say that "X person 'got' me sick" but the truth is when something's going around, it's going around. Cover your mouth and wash your hands, but don't bother feeling guilty if someone else gets the thing that is in the air, on every subway pole, and on every third hand you shake because people are disgusting and don't wash their hands after using the bathroom...
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    That stinks! No real advice here. I'm sick too.

Drink plenty of fluids. I hope you feel better soon!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Just wash your hands frequently and avoid talking to/touching anyone else as much as possible. 

We like to say that "X person 'got' me sick" but the truth is when something's going around, it's going around. Cover your mouth and wash your hands, but don't bother feeling guilty if someone else gets the thing that is in the air, on every subway pole, and on every third hand you shake because people are disgusting and don't wash their hands after using the bathroom...
    All this. You take care of you - including going after that new job. Disinfect your work station and whatnot, but trust them to look out for themselves too. Don't feel guilty about what's out of your control.

• Options

I appreciate it when those around me cover their coughs and sneezes and use common sense hygiene measures. It sounds like you're doing that. It would be nice if everyone stayed home when sick, but sometime it's not possible.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Options
    I appreciate where you're coming from. You're forgetting one thing though: an extra 3 hours at home isn't going to make you suddenly healthy. Your company's policies are the problem, not you.

Take care of yourself and knock 'em dead on Friday!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wash your hands, don't breathe into people's mouths.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Drink lots of water and keep washing your hands. Do you have hand-sanitizer at your desk? That could be a good option for those days your feeling under the weather.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards