Chit Chat
Options

Coming to New York!

So I have a business trip next week to New York.  I'll be working in Brooklyn most of the time, and @pinkcow13 & I are already talking about grabbing a margarita on Monday night (I arrive Monday afternoon and will be there through Thursday afternoon).

@JCBride2015, @Cookie Pusher, @Katieinbklyn ... who else?  Anyone interested / available?

Re: Coming to New York!

• Options
    @KatieinBkln‌ oops I misspelled your name.
  • Options

I love going to NY. I hope you find time to have a little fun and to enjoy the city.

• Options
    arrippa said:

I love going to NY. I hope you find time to have a little fun and to enjoy the city.

Aw thanks, me too.  The bummer about business trips are that they are just that - business.  I'm in all day meetings.  Fortunately my boss is really cool, so she & I will likely do dinner one night and talk about random crap.  I need to find time to go back when I can just vacation and enjoy!
  • Options
    Aww man. Brooklyn is such a hike for me. Sad face. 
  • Options
    Aww man. Brooklyn is such a hike for me. Sad face. 
    Boo indeed :(
  • Options
    Where in BK are you talking about meeting?
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    Where in BK are you talking about meeting?
    DUMBO.  I knew I forgot someone!  Apologies! 
  • Options
    My next week is nuts--I have stuff Monday-Wednesday nights. :(
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I didn't realize there were so many fellow NYC ladies in here!

• Options
    Aw bummer, @KatieinBkln‌ . Next time! @lacqueredlover‌ - you're welcome to join, too!
  • Options
    Ugh, next week is my week from hell. We had a big change in corporate leadership so there have been an insane amount of meetings. I'll near Philly next week for strategic planning - right during the busiest part of my production cycle. Yay me. :(
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    @lacqueredlover‌, definitely come! We live in the same hood!

It's been nice weather wise here this week. Hopefully it stays nice for next week, too!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Let me know where it is, I might be able to join Monday night!

• Options
    Whaaat so jealous! Have fun guys!

image   image   image

• Options

There's a spot called Pedro's that makes pretty awesome margaritas. It's actually the spot FI and I took our last few engagement pics at. The food could be better, but if we get hungry we can go to Juliana's. It's brick oven pizza, right next door to Grimaldi's- no line and amaze balls pizza. Or we could just get all the margaritas. I'm good either way!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:

There's a spot called Pedro's that makes pretty awesome margaritas. It's actually the spot FI and I took our last few engagement pics at. The food could be better, but if we get hungry we can go to Juliana's. It's brick oven pizza, right next door to Grimaldi's- no line and amaze balls pizza. Or we could just get all the margaritas. I'm good either way!
    Oh the address is 73 Jay Street
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Okay, New Yorkers, I need advice. 
    I get into town on Monday afternoon.  I have all day meetings in DUMBO on Tuesday, then all day meetings in Manhattan (near West Village), then all day meetings back in DUMBO.  I am flying in & out of LGA.

Do I get a hotel in Brooklyn or Manhattan?  (cost isn't really an issue since this is a business trip)
  • Options
    I don't think there are too many hotels near DUMBO... You will have more choice in Manhattan, IMO.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    luckya23 said:

I don't think there are too many hotels near DUMBO... You will have more choice in Manhattan, IMO.

Yeah. One of the guys on my team is staying at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. I am silver with Marriott, so I'm partial to their properties.
  • Options
    If you guys don't mind waiting until... like.... 9 I can meet up!  It all depends on work and I won't know until the day of.  Some days I get out at 6:30, other days (like last night) 11:30.  I'll PM you.

Have an awesome time in NYC!  Hope your business trip is fun and you have some time to see the city and hang out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Hey, so we are going to meet up in the SOHO or West Village area, rather than DUMBO now. @JCbride2015, 9 shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully you will get out earlier. Just can't have another 3 AM night out on a Monday LOL.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I wish I could join this drink date (even though I'm not nearly as active as you ladies on here). Go figure, I'm always out of work early on Mondays...except next week when I have to work 13 hour days every day of the week. Sigh* Have fun!! 
  • Options
    I would LOVE the W. Village or Soho (selfishly of course because I live in Chelsea haha.)

• Options
    I get into town on Monday afternoon.  I have all day meetings in DUMBO on Tuesday, then all day meetings in Manhattan (near West Village), then all day meetings back in DUMBO.  I am flying in & out of LGA.

Do I get a hotel in Brooklyn or Manhattan?  (cost isn't really an issue since this is a business trip)
    If you like the Marriott I'd go with Brooklyn--what can I say, I'm partial to it. :) Manhattan will be busier, of course, so if you want to feel like you're "in it" then by all means, SoHo it up...but I like the DUMBO vibe a lot and you can always walk over the Brooklyn or Manhattan bridges if it's nice and you feel like venturing into Manhattan.
  • Options

If you like the Marriott I'd go with Brooklyn--what can I say, I'm partial to it. :) Manhattan will be busier, of course, so if you want to feel like you're "in it" then by all means, SoHo it up...but I like the DUMBO vibe a lot and you can always walk over the Brooklyn or Manhattan bridges if it's nice and you feel like venturing into Manhattan.

Next time! My boss is staying in Manhattan as are a few guys on the team, so I'll do Manhattan this time. I hope I get to see you next time, Katie!
  • Options

Next time! My boss is staying in Manhattan as are a few guys on the team, so I'll do Manhattan this time. I hope I get to see you next time, Katie!
    Likewise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards