Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Processional... how do we proceed?

So I'm working on our ceremony music. Some of these songs are so long! FWIW, we are using recordings.

Does the bridal song come on, then the flower girls come out, then I come out? Or do they come out, then the bridal song begins, then me?

OR are you ladies using the same song as the rest of your processional?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Processional... how do we proceed?

• Options
    I've been toying with the idea of using "Wild Horses" by The Sundays for the ENTIRE processional. It's (I think) a long enough song that everyone, including me, could get down the aisle while it's playing. But I've been told by a few different people that it's a good idea for the bride to walk down the aisle to a different song than the rest of the bridal party, for one because it makes your entrance "more special," and two, because then everyone knows when to stand up and stare at you as you walk nervously down the aisle, lol, especially if you're not using the traditional wedding march, which I'm not.

BUT, I was thinking that if I did use the same song for everyone including myself, maybe I could put something in the wedding program about it so that I don't end up halfway down the aisle before everyone realizes I'm even there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If you are using the same song and can't get the director of the music to do what you want, just have the officiant ask all to stand once they see you present at the start of the aisle. Then you can pause there while people stand and once 'quiet' start your procession. Just my thoughts on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards