Oregon

Anyone heard of Stonecrest B&B south of Newport

I was wondering if you have then was it bad or good? This place is located in Southbeach which is just south of Newport. Thanks in advance ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone heard of Stonecrest B&B south of Newport

• DND2010DND2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother and his wife were married there a few years ago. It was a great experience! Judy was great and so very helpful. She will work with any budget and any theme. She is so flexible and accommodating. The grounds are beautiful and it is all so private. I would recommend it with a very enthusiastic YES!!!
  • monica93555monica93555 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_anyone-heard-of-stonecrest-bb-south-of-newport?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:b518a5aa-8e84-414b-b948-2bc2c68e98d0Post:59db28eb-ec56-4b87-85ea-e07be9c7aedf">Re: Anyone heard of Stonecrest B&B south of Newport</a>:
    [QUOTE]My brother and his wife were married there a few years ago. It was a great experience! Judy was great and so very helpful. She will work with any budget and any theme. She is so flexible and accommodating. The grounds are beautiful and it is all so private. I would recommend it with a very enthusiastic YES!!!
    Posted by DND2010[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your reply! The reason why I'm asking is because I've had my heart set on it and just as we were about to reserve it  for next September I learn that my fiance's aunt went to the wedding there and I guess Judy was kind of rude to the guests. But I'm shocked because on the weddingwire.com all of the reviews are postiive. So I just don't know what to think of it all.
  • DND2010DND2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't imagine Judy being rude at all. That was not our experience. It was kind of a "destination wedding" for my brother and his wife because the closest anyone lived to Newport was 3 1/2 hours away and most guests were out of state. My family and I stayed from Friday night all the way through Sunday afternoon at Stonecrest in April a few years back. The food was excellent as were the flowers, cake and decorations. Judy gave us our privacy when we needed it (had a little party in the great room Saturday night), but was right there if we had any questions or needed anything. On the day of the wedding, Judy had everything so organized, that the families were able to relax and just be 'guests" at the wedding because everything was already done and handled very professionally. So, that was our experience. I am sorry that your fiance's aunt's experience was so different! I still say Stonecrest was a great experience and so much fun. Very relaxing and exciting at the same time.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_anyone-heard-of-stonecrest-bb-south-of-newport?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:b518a5aa-8e84-414b-b948-2bc2c68e98d0Post:7f277065-4cf3-46da-8ef4-d83e7d7dfb2e">Re: Anyone heard of Stonecrest B&B south of Newport</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't imagine Judy being rude at all. That was not our experience. It was kind of a "destination wedding" for my brother and his wife because the closest anyone lived to Newport was 3 1/2 hours away and most guests were out of state. My family and I stayed from Friday night all the way through Sunday afternoon at Stonecrest in April a few years back. The food was excellent as were the flowers, cake and decorations. Judy gave us our privacy when we needed it (had a little party in the great room Saturday night), but was right there if we had any questions or needed anything. On the day of the wedding, Judy had everything so organized, that the families were able to relax and just be 'guests" at the wedding because everything was already done and handled very professionally. So, that was our experience. I am sorry that your fiance's aunt's experience was so different! I still say Stonecrest was a great experience and so much fun. Very relaxing and exciting at the same time.
    Posted by DND2010[/QUOTE]

Well thank you for your reply again! I've talked to Judy on the phone a couple of times and she seemed so nice which is also why I was so surprised when my fiance's aunt came back with what she said. Now she said that the couple who she went for were just having the ceremeony there and then right after that ceremony there was another ceremony coming in. I'm wondering that maybe Judy was stressing about timing. I do know that we will be having the last wedding of the day so we can avoid that. There is some background to all of this though. My fmil doesn't approve of us spending the amount of money that we plan on spending even though it's money that my parents are giving to us. My fmil is a cheap a$$. I know that sounds rude, but it is what it is. Fmil has been objective about this place from the beginning just because of how much they charge for the all inclusive signature package. I'm just wondering if she's had any influence on the aunt and the aunt has over dramatized her experience. Just a thought... and I apologize if I went too deep into the whole situation :)

Buit once again, thanks for your reply. It has been VERY helpful!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and by the way, this is a destination wedding for us also. Fiance and his family are all from Newport. Fiance and I live where I'm from which is in southern California. So as you can imagine, the idea of someone else planning this for us since planning a wedding in itself is stressful (I can't imagine planning the whole thing from a state away) sounds fabulous to us which is part of the reason why we're intrested in Stonecrest!
  • DND2010DND2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think weddings are expensive no matter where you have it (unless it is in a park or something). I don't know Judy's price structure now, but I do know that if you add everything up separately, Judy is still probably a really good deal. I am getting married and having our reception at our church ( I am little more traditional than my brother ), we are not going all out and it is still expensive!!! Once in a life time event though!! I know that our family felt that the money we paid Stonecrest was money well spent and could not have done it much cheaper anywhere else. (Our family paid for the wedding even though we were the grooms relatives....lots of drama....long story). Have fun with your planning where ever you decide to hold the festivities!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well after the bad reviews started piling up on Judy we decided to not have our wedding there. Our photographer (who is a very well respected business person in the community) has said she's a pain in the rear end to work with and even the owner of Moe's Clam Chowder recommended us not getting married there (she's a friend of fiance's family). I talked to a lady who owns a well known hotel there in Newport and she agreed that Judy use to be great to work with but within the past year it just seems like she's gotten tired of diong weddings.

So instead we're having our wedding at the Agate Beach Motel which I'm in love with. We're excited about this!
  • DND2010DND2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Agate Beach Motel will be absolutely lovely!!! I am glad that you found a place that you love!!! That is too bad about Judy. She had a good thing going, but it is not good to work with someone who has that type of reputation for sure!!! My brother was married at Stonecrest in 2006, so I guess things have changed quite a bit!!! Good thing you found out now and avoided a what could have been a very unpleasant experience!! Thanks for replying!!! I was wonderging what you decided to do!!! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards