Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Nice 'cheap' Venues

I am trying to find a nice venue to hold my wedding in, but an on a very tight budget. We only have $3000 to pay for everything. Any ideas of places?

Re: Nice 'cheap' Venues

• Options
    When I was searching for venues, I looked at herecomestheguide.com for places that looked appealing.  They had some price info, pictures and reviews for each as well as a link to the venue's website (which often had more accurate or up-to-date or specific pricing info).
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    Try posting on your local board for better responses.
  • Options
    Parks are usually quite cheap.  If you belong to a house of worship, you can often use it for free, and if you don't, many churches will allow you to use their facilities for a donation.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    jesselyn&kjesselyn&k member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Check local colleges and universities for chapels. My university has a beautiful little non-denominational chapel on campus to use for a $150 donation. It's small, of course, but they'll basically let you do whatever you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_nice-cheap-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:491394f1-7463-4ea1-a7d9-2e9c074e4e4bPost:4f0129c4-d238-4d68-983c-95b8c5e5ddb1">Re: Nice 'cheap' Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was searching for venues, I looked at herecomestheguide.com for places that looked appealing.  They had some price info, pictures and reviews for each as well as a link to the venue's website (which often had more accurate or up-to-date or specific pricing info).
    Posted by slubkin[/QUOTE]

Herecomestheguide.com is mainly only for California, although they do have links for Chicago and D.C..  But OP is in Texas, so it wouldn't be helpful to her.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards