Attire & Accessories Forum

Buying Wedding Bands Online

Hi, we really need to get our wedding bands. I know my fiancee is going to freak when he sees the price. He already thinks its crazy how much the engagement ring was and that I still need another ring lol. Has anyone bought from blue nile or overstock? I noticed the prices were fairly reasonable but wanted to check on the quality. 

Re: Buying Wedding Bands Online

• Blue Nile is very reputable.  I would not hesitate to recommend them.  Overstock is legitimate, but some of their merchandise is lower end cheap stuff from China.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • porkchops926porkchops926 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    I recommend Blue Nile until the cows come home. FI got my engagement ring there. They have a 1 month ( I believe) return policy, excellent customer service and quality, they send you an official appraisal with your jewelry, and they offer insurance. Plus you can call day or night and have pics sent of items you're interested in (if it's loose diamonds etc.)

I actually spent a lot of time "helping" him shop and I think we were able to get a better bang for the buck than a regular jewelry store.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Great, thanks!
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Overstock is fine if the band won't have any gems in it. Their quality diamonds and such are well below my personal standards, but the rest of the jewelry is pretty good. I have a cheap plain band from there that I wear when I don't want to wear my wedding ring. However, I agree with PP that Blue Nile has better customer service and return policy. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • We bought a tungsten band like this one from Overstock and are happy with it. There's a mess up in the engraving that goes around - the engraver went off course for a little bit so there's a thin scratch where it doesn't belong. It doesn't bother H though - he'd rather have a scratch and an extra $400 in his pocket than spend that much money on a ring from a jeweler.

• When ordering on line depending on what type of metal you go with, make sure you check the return policy. For example, my husband got a ceramic carbide ring and that can't be resized. It's similar to tungsten carbide, but just can be broken easier in an emergency situation than tungsten can. But if you go with the standard metals like gold, silver or plantinum, you can get them resized if the size you order isn't right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards