Chit Chat
Options

If gifts are recieved, prior to the shower via the mail...do you open them or

Bring them to the shower to open? Not sure what is proper. Thanks

Re: If gifts are recieved, prior to the shower via the mail...do you open them or

• Options
    I would open the gift rather then bring them to the shower. I would just want to make sure the gift wasn't damaged at all. Send a thank you as soon as you open the gift and if the person sending the gift is at the shower (they may be sending it now because they can't be there) you can thank them in person as well! Have a lovely shower!
  • Options

I would open the gift rather then bring them to the shower. I would just want to make sure the gift wasn't damaged at all. Send a thank you as soon as you open the gift and if the person sending the gift is at the shower (they may be sending it now because they can't be there) you can thank them in person as well! Have a lovely shower!

This. If I can't attend a shower and want the bride to open my gift at the shower, I would serve t to the shower hostess, not the bride. I wouldn't eat to cause you the extra trouble of lugging it back and forth.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I'm assuming this is from someone who can't attend the shower? You should open it right away and send a thank you note, so that the sender knows it arrived safely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Don't use it till you are married, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Sometimes, I'll send a shower gift to the bride's home because it's large, heavy or fragile and I want to save bride and myself the trouble of lugging it. Open the gift and send the thank you note now. Mention that you look forward to seeing her at the shower if you know that she's planning to attend.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards