Chit Chat
Options

Minor Vendor Irritations

So, I'm trying to book myself a caterer. After paring down the list of approved caterers to those who can accommodate our size and preferences, there are about 4 left. 2 are for sure out of my price range. So I've been emailing with the others. Both replied to my initial requests in a timely fashion (over the week of Christmas no less, woohoo!). I replied the week of New Year's Eve, detailing which options I was most interested in and asking to schedule a tasting (both caterers offer them free of charge).

Yesterday (exactly one week with no response) I checked in with Vendor 1. So far, further crickets. ANSWER ME, DUDES!

Vendor 2 replied in a timely fashion, but of course now it has been a full day since I replied to HER, and I am antsy as hell because she mentioned there's a lot of demand for my date and they only have 2 slots available.

I'm gonna be so mad at myself if we can't get the food/drinks we want because I waited too long (you know, 8 months before the wedding being too long?).

Sigh. 
This baby knows exactly how I feel

Re: Minor Vendor Irritations

• Options
    Ugh I hate that feeling! That's what happened with our venue. They only had certain days we could come out and tour it, and they were booking up fast, 2 years out! I felt so panicked and pressured that I ended up booking it and paying the huge deposit without even seeing it in person (I had friends who'd been to weddings there and said it was a beautiful place, and it's slim pickins around here so I was willing to take the risk.) Luckily when we finally saw it in person we loved it. 

But yeah, vendor frustrations are the worst! Scribe has good advice. Get an appointment ASAP and be prepared to book that day if you end up liking them. In the meantime, wine! Try to stay calm, it will be ok! (And holy hell with booking stuff so far in advance! You'd think 8 months out would be fine for finding a caterer!) 
  • Options
    Ugh I hate that feeling! That's what happened with our venue. They only had certain days we could come out and tour it, and they were booking up fast, 2 years out! I felt so panicked and pressured that I ended up booking it and paying the huge deposit without even seeing it in person (I had friends who'd been to weddings there and said it was a beautiful place, and it's slim pickins around here so I was willing to take the risk.) Luckily when we finally saw it in person we loved it. 

But yeah, vendor frustrations are the worst! Scribe has good advice. Get an appointment ASAP and be prepared to book that day if you end up liking them. In the meantime, wine! Try to stay calm, it will be ok! (And holy hell with booking stuff so far in advance! You'd think 8 months out would be fine for finding a caterer!) 
    That's sort of what I'm trying to do--but they have to reply/call me back before I can schedule anything, blerg. I think part of the problem is that I'm in NY and the wedding will be in WI, so it's that much harder to schedule things.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards