Chit Chat
Options

Invitation Fail

FI's cousin is getting married in April, and sent out invitations last week, or at least people started receiving them last week. We did not receive ours, and I guess FI and his cousin were speaking when it came out that we had not received ours. Well, his cousin realized that she spelled FI's name wrong - she totally left out the first FIVE letters in his last name, which actually converts his name into a famous celebrity name. Not only that - she mailed it to his old address. An address he has not lived at in about 2 years. Not sure how she managed that one, being that she received our STD 2 months ago. So now some person  probably has the invitation and is  thinking that this celebrity will attend the wedding, and will end up crashing it. Okay, I let my imagination run wild with that last part. I must say, after hearing that, I am curious as to how the rest of the invitation will be.

And if she screws up my name, or lists me as "guest", I'm slashing their wedding gift in half. (I kid, I kid).
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Invitation Fail

• Options
    i had a cousin not send me one. he sent me a invite over facebook. i ended up not going because i worked a 18 hr shift the day before with 4 hrs in the morning. 
  • Options
    Ouu, tell us who the celebrity is! That's annoying though, you'd think they would research that for 30 seconds beforehand. Good think he mentioned it!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    mrsk616 said:
    i had a cousin not send me one. he sent me a invite over facebook. i ended up not going because i worked a 18 hr shift the day before with 4 hrs in the morning. 
    What is it with FB invites for weddings?? If I ever got one, I feel that I wouldn't be able to take it seriously. I'd treat it like if it were a regular house party or something.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

My brother sent my Christmas present to my old apartment that I haven't lived at in 4 years.  I sent new address announcements when I moved 4 years ago. And in the past year they have been sent invites to my bridal shower and wedding (which they attended).  I actually think they may have even mailed stuff to my current address in the past four years.  But, no, this year they decided to send my Christmas gift to the old address, so I had to go track it down. And since they put my married name on it, the name on the package doesn't even match any previous tenant there. To make it even worse, they went crazy on Christmas this year and bought me a robot vacuum! It was one of those items we had put on our wedding registry last year thinking nobody would ever buy it for us. Luckily, the current tenant at that address is a decent person and actually returned our awesome gift (they promptly received a thank you card and gift card in the mail to show our appreciation).  But, if they hadn't willingly returned it, there wouldn't be much we could have done, so we were freaking out a bit that it may be lost forever.

But, that's pretty bad that she got his name and address wrong.  People really should confirm those things before sending out invites.  I made sure to confirm my that all my addresses were current and correct before sending out invites.

• Options
    Ouu, tell us who the celebrity is! That's annoying though, you'd think they would research that for 30 seconds beforehand. Good think he mentioned it!
    image.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

My brother sent my Christmas present to my old apartment that I haven't lived at in 4 years.  I sent new address announcements when I moved 4 years ago. And in the past year they have been sent invites to my bridal shower and wedding (which they attended).  I actually think they may have even mailed stuff to my current address in the past four years.  But, no, this year they decided to send my Christmas gift to the old address, so I had to go track it down. And since they put my married name on it, the name on the package doesn't even match any previous tenant there. To make it even worse, they went crazy on Christmas this year and bought me a robot vacuum! It was one of those items we had put on our wedding registry last year thinking nobody would ever buy it for us. Luckily, the current tenant at that address is a decent person and actually returned our awesome gift (they promptly received a thank you card and gift card in the mail to show our appreciation).  But, if they hadn't willingly returned it, there wouldn't be much we could have done, so we were freaking out a bit that it may be lost forever.

But, that's pretty bad that she got his name and address wrong.  People really should confirm those things before sending out invites.  I made sure to confirm my that all my addresses were current and correct before sending out invites.

Oh, we have one of those vacuums! It's awesome! Good thing the current tenant is a decent person, those things are expensive! We got one as a gift last year, ourselves.

With Facebook, and everything else, I don't see how a name could be screwed up so badly.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    My cousin misspelled my name on my invite (we're FB friends too) and she didn't include my DH's last name either (at least his first name got on there?) But I guess I shouldn't have expected much since they sent out invitations to 600 people with no RSVP cards and only purchased food/drinks for 300, assuming that only half the people would show. 
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    mrsk616 said:
    What is it with FB invites for weddings?? If I ever got one, I feel that I wouldn't be able to take it seriously. I'd treat it like if it were a regular house party or something.
    my other cousin sent out std addressing it as my name and guest. umm seriously didnt even show the time or interest into finding out my FI name or anything. i told him i couldnt make it because by that time i knew what my schedule was and not able to get the day off. i did how ever hear the wedding was a train wreck and i missed out on a lot. 
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    FI's cousin is getting married in April, and sent out invitations last week, or at least people started receiving them last week. We did not receive ours, and I guess FI and his cousin were speaking when it came out that we had not received ours. Well, his cousin realized that she spelled FI's name wrong - she totally left out the first FIVE letters in his last name, which actually converts his name into a famous celebrity name. Not only that - she mailed it to his old address. An address he has not lived at in about 2 years. Not sure how she managed that one, being that she received our STD 2 months ago. So now some person  probably has the invitation and is  thinking that this celebrity will attend the wedding, and will end up crashing it. Okay, I let my imagination run wild with that last part. I must say, after hearing that, I am curious as to how the rest of the invitation will be.

And if she screws up my name, or lists me as "guest", I'm slashing their wedding gift in half. (I kid, I kid).
    Your FI's cousin sent invitations like 12 weeks in advance?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:

Your FI's cousin sent invitations like 12 weeks in advance?
    Yup, that was the first thing I said when we first heard people received their invitations. I think it's because they never sent STD's, her FI told me over Thanksgiving that because of that thy would send them a bit early. I didn't realize that meant THIS early.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    kasmith1 said:
    My cousin misspelled my name on my invite (we're FB friends too) and she didn't include my DH's last name either (at least his first name got on there?) But I guess I shouldn't have expected much since they sent out invitations to 600 people with no RSVP cards and only purchased food/drinks for 300, assuming that only half the people would show. 
    600 people? Who knows this many people?? And food/drinks for only 300? Yea, that's a good time....

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards