Chit Chat
Options

So... The Bachelor... (I am not a fan.) (Possibly spoilery, I dunno how old the episode I saw was.)

I just watched my first episode of the Bachelor ever. And it has really, really bothered me.

I feel like I cannot find a single positive thing to say about the show, or the people on it, or anything, except that the people were pretty. 

And I really, really don't like the concept that this dude gets his pick of a damn harem on TV. I know they do it in reverse too, where a girl has her pick of a stud farm or something. It makes me feel sleazy about the whole concept.

Like, the girls all seem like they're so worked up over a guy they don't even know, who could be entirely fronting. And every one of the girls is fronting, it feels like, to make themselves their most appealing, except they're also just coming across as so desperate for a connection that it's just sad. I don't know why they're so so so focused on the damn rose. It's like they'll do anything for the guy's approval, bestowed via a freaking rose. And the guy - I'm sorry, this is probably horrible, but all I can think about is how he's looking at his freaking luck, like, "Ooooh yeah, I'm gonna get laid every night for three months, hot DAMN."

I just really think the whole thing is sad and sleazy and gross.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: So... The Bachelor... (I am not a fan.) (Possibly spoilery, I dunno how old the episode I saw was.)

• Options
    I agree, which is why I don't watch it (and I REALLY like trashy TV, so this is really saying something!).
  • Options
    I agree, which is why I don't watch it (and I REALLY like trashy TV, so this is really saying something!).
    I honestly cannot believe how bad it was. Like, I don't have a problem with trashy TV, although I don't watch it usually, but I really just cannot with this one. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    This season is pretty bad.  
  • Options
    Same here! I'm pretty much down for any trash tv and the bach-whatever rubs me the wrong way
  • Options
    I watch it. I just love it. It's so awful and dumb and fake and desperate.

If you want a laugh, read the recaps on ew.com. So funny!! The writer makes way too much fun of the show. The funniest are the reviews of Bachelor in Paradise, which aired over the summer.
  • Options
    I also suggest Reality Steve. He spoils the entire season before it starts and shows you how fakery it is (btw they did a "wedding crash" this week- so annoying). And then he has snarky commentary on all the episodes, and this is really the only reason I watch it. I think this season has been extra gross though.
  • Options
    I watch it. I just love it. It's so awful and dumb and fake and desperate. If you want a laugh, read the recaps on ew.com. So funny!! The writer makes way too much fun of the show. The funniest are the reviews of Bachelor in Paradise, which aired over the summer.
    You're not alone. I'm watching this season and love it, too. Haven't watched it in a few years, but I'm digging the mindless drama.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wegl13 said:
    I also suggest Reality Steve. He spoils the entire season before it starts and shows you how fakery it is (btw they did a "wedding crash" this week- so annoying). And then he has snarky commentary on all the episodes, and this is really the only reason I watch it. I think this season has been extra gross though.
    That wedding crash really pissed me off. I like this show for the trashy, ridiculous drama, and i like to make fun of the girls who cry their eyes out after knowing the dude for 10 minutes because he sent them home "but he was supposed to be my husband!!!" I think it's hilarious. 

However, this season is just grossing me out. I don't like the dude, and so far I don't particularly like any of the girls, and it seems even more fake and annoying than usual. 
  • Options
    Wegl13 said:
    I was reading something that said Reality Steve's insider info may have dried up. Apparently he doesn't have any spoilers on the dates this time around, and he's always had that. 

I love the Bachelor. It's trashy and addictive. 
  • Options

It is just awful, but I always watch the finale, even if I haven't watched much of the show.

I prefer the Bachelorette, because 25 or so guys don't act so skanky as all the girls do on the Bachelor.

This season there is not much individuality among the girls. They are all so made up, hair done, perfectly turned out.

• Options
    Wegl13 said:
    I was reading something that said Reality Steve's insider info may have dried up. Apparently he doesn't have any spoilers on the dates this time around, and he's always had that. 

I love the Bachelor. It's trashy and addictive. 

Unfortunately it's true but he's still pretty informative. Just not near as much as in years past.
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    scribe95 said:
    I have watched it from the beginning. Occasionally a season doesn't interest me and I drop out but this season is keeping me interested so far. Of course it's crazy and nutty and ridiculous. That's part of the fun. 
    Yeah I quit watching Andy's season of the bachelorette. I think that was last season, where the current bachelor came from. I just found her very annoying and unlikable, and I got really bored. Some seasons are definitely better than others. 

ETF words
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
      WTF, TK?

I don't know what the blank post was all about.  Carry on.

• Options
    I love it. I know it's fake and if it's real these girls are CRAZY but I love that shit. And I ignore FI when he points out all the reasons why it's completely fake, because I like buying into it lol. The drammmmmma guys!!

Also, this season of the Real World on MTV is pretty amazing if you're interested in drama. (I watch way too much MTV for an-almost 27 year old)
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards