Chit Chat
Options

Invitations for all!

FI told me a fun story last night. His cousin and GF are coming to the city for our wedding in the spring, and they are bringing her Grandma along on the trip. They decided that they are going to invite her to the wedding. FMIL told FI the story last night.  FMIL told FI's Aunt (cousin's mom) that they can't just do that. Aunt replied that they would of course ask us first. FMIL reiterated that it's really rude to ask for an invitation for someone else, as it makes it uncomfortable for the hosts, and it puts them on the spot. We'll see if Aunt relays the message.

Additionally, during the holidays, FI's other aunt told me that she really wants her MIL to attend our wedding. She said that she told her son (FI's cousin and one of his GM) that if he doesn't find a date by our wedding to bring his grandma as his date, cuz ya know, she really wants her to go. (Oh on a side note, she seemed appalled when I told her we weren't having a church wedding. She said "Well you know, when you marry under the Catholic Church, it's forever. You won't get divorced." I replied "Well, I'm under the impression that if we're legally getting married it's forever, and you know, we're not planning for divorce, sooooo.")

I guess we are more popular than I thought! Apparently people are literally inviting everyone and their mother to our wedding, before invitations are even being sent! I see we are in for some fun phone calls ahead....

Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Invitations for all!

• Options
    "I'm sorry, we just can't accommodate any more guests. Boy, this bean dip is heavenly! Let me tell you about it!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    "I'm sorry, we just can't accommodate any more guests. Boy, this bean dip is heavenly! Let me tell you about it!"
    I sense TONS of bean dip in the coming months!
    image.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Oh my lord. If you were to give in there would be an entire table full of random grandmas, MILs, 4th cousins-once-removed, and maybe a random old lady or two.

People are hilarious. By which I mean insane. By which I mean NOPE.

I'm sure you got this, though. :)
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Sam's Club sells bulk size bean dip!  Or you buy a 5lb. bag of bean dip mix online.  You definitely may need to buy the stuff in bulk with a family like that.

• Options
    Yeeeaaap. A couple months ago we sat down FPILs to explain that with my increased medical expenses we had to keep th guest list to about 160 and were unable to invite everyone we wanted. The first thing out of FMILs mouth was, "but you're going to invite Friend AND HER SISTER, right?"

What? No. Just no.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    People are weird.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards