Chit Chat
Options

Spin off- Cool wedding sites?

There was a thread on Etiquette about awful wedding sites, but how about fun ones?

A girl I went to college with posted her wedding website on Facebook. (No, I'm not invited.)
No glaring etiquette errors that I could tell, and then there was this gem:

"Dress code: Unfortunately our venue requires that you at least wear pants! We just want you to be comfortable though!"

That definitely gave me a laugh! Shows the couple's sense of humor! 

Re: Spin off- Cool wedding sites?

• Options
    Besides the posting it on Facebook part, that's pretty cool. I'm not saying anything about attire anywhere, but I just hope my guests have the common sense to not wear jeans or cargo pants (I went to a wedding where guests were wearing cargo pant jeans, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. It was a nice venue).
    But since our wedding is outdoors at a vineyard, people should be comfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I saw one where nothing was filled out at all, all of the sections just had TK prompters (About the Bride: type information about the bride here- or whatever it says) for everything. Except the "About the groom" part. It had one line that had something along the lines of "the groom is awesome". That was it. Not exactly a cool site but I defiently got a laugh over it. 
  • Options
    In our website section where it says "How we met" (the TK prompt) I just put a quote from Walt Whitman: 
    "We were together. I forget the rest." 

Stuck in box.

How elegant! 

• Options
    In our website section where it says "How we met" (the TK prompt) I just put a quote from Walt Whitman: 

Stuck in box.

How elegant! 
    lol I feel like some of my family/friends might think I'm a smartass for putting that, but I don't care. I love Whitman, I hate reading the wedding websites that are like "How we met: It was a wednesday and the sun was very nice and it was nice out. I liked to take walks so I was taking a walk. Then I went to the bookstore. Little did I know, my FI was having coffee!" On and on, not very interesting. So I wanted to avoid that. Plus, like I said, Whitman! 
  • Options

Stuck in box.

How elegant! 
    lol I feel like some of my family/friends might think I'm a smartass for putting that, but I don't care. I love Whitman, I hate reading the wedding websites that are like "How we met: It was a wednesday and the sun was very nice and it was nice out. I liked to take walks so I was taking a walk. Then I went to the bookstore. Little did I know, my FI was having coffee!" On and on, not very interesting. So I wanted to avoid that. Plus, like I said, Whitman! 
    Ours was like "we met at a party."

• Options

Stuck in box.

How elegant! 
    I am the person that told the whole proposal story and we've had a few people call and tell us they enjoyed reading b/c they never got the whole low down (a death in the family shortly after, so people were focused on that- understandably).  Had more people known the story though, it would've been shorter.

That said, our "How We Met" section says something like, "It all started with an e-wink on Match.com- which is ironic b/c Feeley (my fiance) can't wink in real life."  And he can't. 
  • Options
    I fully intended to skip that section, but this is perfect. 
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

Stuck in box.

How elegant! 
    I am the person that told the whole proposal story and we've had a few people call and tell us they enjoyed reading b/c they never got the whole low down (a death in the family shortly after, so people were focused on that- understandably).  Had more people known the story though, it would've been shorter.

That said, our "How We Met" section says something like, "It all started with an e-wink on Match.com- which is ironic b/c Feeley (my fiance) can't wink in real life."  And he can't. 
    Haha! We are a Match.com couple too, so I actually just entirely left off the "how we met" part. That's a creative way to put it though! 

• Options

Stuck in box.

How elegant! 

Haha! We are a Match.com couple too, so I actually just entirely left off the "how we met" part. That's a creative way to put it though! 
    That's really how it started too.  Just a wink, no message.  He said he was getting frustrated trying to put thought into his messages and then never hearing anything back from most of the women he was contacting. 

I got the wink, looked at his profile, laughed the whole way through, then wrote him and told him such and that was that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards