Chit Chat
Options

Be my bad influence for lunch.

So I've been super productive this week with homework and with working out. DH is out of the house at a long meeting so it's just me for lunch and all we have are leftovers, which I'm not feeling.

I'm really craving something bad for lunch, but I can't make up my mind. I'm kind of thinking Sizzler or Souplantation, because the buffet concept sounds fabulous right now. But I'm also thinking Panera Bread as well, because their mac and cheese is so tasty and that would really hit the spot.

So be the devil on my shoulder folks and give me more horrible lunch ideas!

Re: Be my bad influence for lunch.

• Options
    CHIPOTLE ALL THE TIME.

Anniversary

• Options
    The Panera mac & cheese is AMAZING. Do you have Popeye's where you are? That's my favorite bad meal. Spicy chicken tenders with their fries.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    CHIPOTLE ALL THE TIME.

Oh maaaaan, I haven't had their tacos in FOREVER.

Ok done and done. Getting dressed MEOW.
  • Options
    The Panera mac & cheese is AMAZING. Do you have Popeye's where you are? That's my favorite bad meal. Spicy chicken tenders with their fries.
    Sort of. We have a chicken place that USED to be Popeye's, but they lost the franchise but still serve the same food.

Oddly, I'm not craving fried chicken (even though I crave it probably 4 times a week).
  • Options
    CHIPOTLE ALL THE TIME.

Oh maaaaan, I haven't had their tacos in FOREVER.

Ok done and done. Getting dressed MEOW.
    I think that's an appropriate choice. mmmm burrito bowl....

• Options
    I can't find it on my work computer but the vine of the little boy saying I LOVE CHIPOTLE. CHIPOTLE IS MAH LIIIIIIIIIIIFE is basically me. Their salad dressing is bombbbb.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tcnoble said:
    I can't find it on my work computer but the vine of the little boy saying I LOVE CHIPOTLE. CHIPOTLE IS MAH LIIIIIIIIIIIFE is basically me. Their salad dressing is bombbbb.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmtIHyCpf4

• Options
    I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Chipotle.

Sigh

I haven't been to a Sizzlers in 20 years.  Never heard of Souplantion.    So I guess I'm going Panera.  I like their soups and breads.  Although it's been over a year since I've been to one to those too.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    YESSSSSS

I'm going there right now to get their Fuji Apple Chicken Salad.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

Sigh

****BOXYBOXBOX****

I'm not fond of it either.  I work in a building with a Chipotle and would go there sometimes, but now I'm not into the taste AND I'm sick of it as a general thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsdee15 said:
    lyndausvi said:

Sigh

****BOXYBOXBOX****

I'm not fond of it either.  I work in a building with a Chipotle and would go there sometimes, but now I'm not into the taste AND I'm sick of it as a general thing.
     I hate Chipotle.  It's fake Mexican food.  If I'm going to have Mexican food, I'm making sure it's good authentic Mexican food. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    mrsdee15 said:
    lyndausvi said:

Sigh

****BOXYBOXBOX****

I hate Chipotle.  It's fake Mexican food.  If I'm going to have Mexican food, I'm making sure it's good authentic Mexican food. 
    I like Chipotle. But it's not Mexican food. It's America's take on Mexican food.
  • Options
    I like Chipotle and I like "real" Mexican food.

Kind of like how I also like Olive Garden.
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Oh shush. You don't have to like what I like.
  • Options

I grew up around awesome mom and pop Italian places.   Italian chain restaurants just are gross to me. 

I also grew up in the home of subs/hoagies and cheesesteaks.  Again, a chain restaurant will never compare.      Jimmy Johns, Subway they are all so gross to me.   Jersey Mike's cheesesteaks are okay, but still not like back home.

I blame where I grew up.  It ruined me for life on having those items outside of where I grew up.

• Options
    I dunno, I guess I never understand that stuff. I mean, DH and I hand-roll our own pasta, but I still like all the mass produced stuff. And my Mexican grandmother used to make tortillas, but I still like Taco Bell just fine.

I think those things are good as their own thing. If you stop thinking of them as trying to be something that they're not then they're enjoyable in their own way.
  • Options
    My favorite foods are all terrible (besides sushi) so when I decide to eat awful things, it's always either:
    Nachos 
    A huge burrito packed full of everything amazing 
    A bacon cheeseburger (preferably with avocado and fried onions on it) 
    Fried chicken 

K I just got so super hungry.... 
  • Options

I like Olive Garden too! 

They keep giving you bread. I hate on no one that continues to bring me bread.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

I like Olive Garden too! 

They keep giving you bread. I hate on no one that continues to bring me bread.
    Last time i went there, they weren't bringing the bread sticks fast enough, so I started hiding them in my purse to get ALL THE BREAD STICKS. No shame. 
  • Options
    I dunno, I guess I never understand that stuff. I mean, DH and I hand-roll our own pasta, but I still like all the mass produced stuff. And my Mexican grandmother used to make tortillas, but I still like Taco Bell just fine.

I think those things are good as their own thing. If you stop thinking of them as trying to be something that they're not then they're enjoyable in their own way.
    That's basically how I feel. FIL's tamales are fucking amazing. But I'll still eat a taco from Jack in the Box because I like those too.

I do not have a refined pallet either. Like not even kind of, our wedding cater gave us a menu to look over and I didn't understand half what was on it. I spent a lot of time asking what the fuck things were. And as long as it won't kill me, I'll eat it. People were freaking out over Subways bread having the same stuff they put in yoga mats or whatever, I didn't stop eating it. At all. I kind of went "Yeah but...it's $5 for a footlong so...whatever". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards