Options

The Ha Ha Moment of My Day

This was someone's cover letter I received today:

YOU IDIOTS HIRING OR WHAT

Yep.  For real. 

I laughed SO damn hard.

Re: The Ha Ha Moment of My Day

• Options
    Nooooooooo. You're kidding. You're joking. No way. Nuh uh. 

You have GOT to create an apt rejection letter and send it to him. And show us first. 

• Options
    Bahahahaha
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Bahahaha, I would almost want to meet the person who was bold (or stupid) enough to send that in.

• Options
    I try to picture the thought process that must have gone through the person's head that led them to believe, "This. This is a great idea." My brain exploded. I don't know if I have the right to complain anymore about spelling errors in job inquiries.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    levioosa said:
    I try to picture the thought process that must have gone through the person's head that led them to believe, "This. This is a great idea." My brain exploded. I don't know if I have the right to complain anymore about spelling errors in job inquiries.
    In their defense, it did get your attention.
    It did!  And I was having a kind of shitty day and it made me laugh.  So its' not all bad, but I won't be calling this person.  We have enough crazies at that location (they put a restraining order on a former employee last week) and I don't need to add to that count. 

• Options
    Nooooooooo. You're kidding. You're joking. No way. Nuh uh. 

You have GOT to create an apt rejection letter and send it to him. And show us first. 
    I can't send it obviously or I'd lose my job, but how about...

No, fool- but thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I would definitely want to call them to at least meet this person, but I understand why you can't.

Though I would never ever send this kind of cover letter because I actually WANT a job, I have a similar sense of humor. I lived in an apartment complex once where the owners were supposed to maintain the grass/landscaping, and at one point the grass/weeds outside my door were literally FOUR FEET TALL. I am not exaggerating. One day I wrote a very friendly email to them asking them to please come cut the grass soon because I was almost attacked by a tiger who was hiding in the weeds beside my door and I feared for my life.

They came and cut the grass the next day :)
    Anniversary

• Options
    I feel like that had to have been a bet or a dare or something. If I were you, I would call him in for an interview only because I'd be curious to meet whoever did that. Also I would hang that up at my desk to look at it and laugh every day. 
  • Options
    I feel like that had to have been a bet or a dare or something. If I were you, I would call him in for an interview only because I'd be curious to meet whoever did that. Also I would hang that up at my desk to look at it and laugh every day. 
    I've been telling people I'm going to frame it.  He's in another state and I have no reason to go there, but I thought I'd send it to the facility manager and ask if he wanted to interview the guy.  :-D

• Options
    levioosa said:

Bahahaha, I would almost want to meet the person who was bold (or stupid) enough to send that in.

This
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That's fucking awesome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards