Chit Chat

I need to brag on my best friend/MOH.

So, here recently, FI & I have been having our fair share of ups & downs. We're both stressed with work, and he's about to graduate from his Radiology Tech program, AND we're in the throws of wedding planning which can, at times, be stressful. Nothing that would warrant counseling or therapy or what-have-you, just you know, the normal spats every now and then. I'm a sensitive person so even the tiniest things can make me stressed/upset (it's something I really need to work on).

Tuesday, FI tells me that he is going to hang out with some of his GMs this Friday night. He works all day on Saturdays & Sundays, so Friday nights are our usual time to go out and do something other than sitting in the bed watching TV, but I really didn't mind him hanging out with his buds this week. So I call up my MOH and ask her if she wants to hang out Friday night (we've been trying to schedule a sushi night for like 2 months now) and she said yes.

Then, last night, we were at church & she asks me if we can reschedule because she forgot that her & her DH had plans to go to the movies Friday. I of course tell her it's not a problem, since I'm going to be hanging with her Saturday because I'm taking her 6mo old's pictures (which I am stoked for btw). I just told her that we can figure something out for next week. 

After church we get to talking and she is like "Okay, I can tell you're not your usual peppy self, what's wrong?" So I give her the whole rundown on how I've been stressed and all that stuff. We ended up switching subjects completely & talking with a few of our other friends & then I went home.

This morning I woke up & had a text from her saying "Me & DH can go to the movies any time, I wanna hang out with you tomorrow night!" I told her that she didn't have to reschedule for lil' ol' me, but she insisted. So we're going to get sushi & maybe rent a redbox and hang out at her house with her daughter tomorrow night & I'm really excited.

It just really made me happy & very thankful that I have friends who go above & beyond for me sometimes. 
I'm at work & PMSing like crazy right now so I might just start crying some happy tears at my desk.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I need to brag on my best friend/MOH.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards