Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

Even better news than the fact it's Friday...we got our vacation sorted out.  That said, I am never, ever planning a group vacation with my IL's (especially SIL) again.  Unless it's her idea and she coordinates it. (I will plan a vacation with my friends, though.  They have been awesome.)

What's up for the weekend?

Tonight: Nothing.  Relaxing, hopefully
Tomorrow: Dinner with IL's for father's day
Sunday: Father's day with my family. 

Re: FRIDAY!

• All Pride, all weekend.  I'm excited.
  • Son has a game tonight.

Tomorrow we're having son's birthday party.  It'll be a small one this year - all of DH's family is out of town, my sister and her dh are on their honeymoon, my older brother & SIL and their kids will be at a softball tournament.  It might be kind of nice to have a smaller party.

Tomorrow night son has a game.  We don't have much planned for father's day.  I'm going to see if DH wants to go to a park for a cookout like we did for mother's day, but it's really up to him.
  • DK is going to try and do a fish trade with someone tomorrow. We don't have plans, otherwise. If the weather is decent, I'll be in the pool with Wolverine doing swim lessons. 

I'll figure out something nice for Fathers' Day - either let him choose something and make it, or go out for dinner one of the nights. 

Pride is next weekend, here - my company's GLAD group is sponsoring a lunch and then we're marching in the parade on Saturday night. (It's so hot during the day, they always have the parade at night.)

• Pride was last week. My job had a float in the parade.  :)

Oh and @*barbie*, we rented a house in Outer Banks for a week in mid July.  It has a pool and is walking distance to the beach. :D
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2015
    @mrs.conn23 - what part of OBX? My family took a few trips there and we always stayed in the Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills area, but we visited stuff from Corolla to Ocracoke.
  • Corolla.  :) 
  • If you end up in the Duck area, stop at the Duck Deli - the food is great. 

• We have no real plans besides relaxation, so maybe we'll meander that way.  :) 
  • Day 3947457 of home prep for listing. DH is tiling upstairs in the bathrooms. I am working for a bit then I'm going to duck out a bit early to work on some cleaning/packing. Kids are going to my parent's house on Saturday so we can work without interruption. No idea what will happen with Father's Day (poor DH :( ). Monday morning a photographer is coming to photograph the house so I have to have it clean and staged by then. Thursday it gets listed and fingers crossed it sells super quick.
  • Pride was last week. My job had a float in the parade.  :)

Oh and @*barbie*, we rented a house in Outer Banks for a week in mid July.  It has a pool and is walking distance to the beach. :D
    That sounds like heaven.  Let me know what you think.  We always go to Hilton Head b/c it's closer and we love the area, but we've been talking about the OBX for a while, too, esp. Oak Island.  I will send you lots of anti-hurricane vibes.  :)
  • OMG.  I don't even want to think about hurricanes. 

I wish HHI would have worked, but there was a major overbooking issue that screwed the pooch and I couldn't wait to see how it shook out with the amount of people we had/have going. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards