Wedding Woes

It's finally Friday!

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Tomorrow is DD's last meet for the season, and we have to be there at 7:15.  Which sort of blows, because her first event is like #47, so we're going to be twiddling our thumbs for a while.  She's really good about working on activity books and stuff during her downtime, though.  Her banquet is tomorrow night, and she's super-psyched for it.  Poor DH--his birthday was yesterday, and we usually celebrate over the weekend.  But with DD's banquet tomorrow and her birthday party Sunday, I think we'll have to put him off 'til next weekend.  I'm still making his favorite ice cream pie, though.

S/O DD, we finally got the results of last Saturday's meet, and that girl ribboned in every single individual event she was in.  (None of her relays, but she's typically B team on relays, anyway.)  Two 3rd place and a 4th, and she was so proud of herself.  So she got those at swim practice yesterday morning, and then at camp a) it was Chick-fil-A day (her favorite), and b) she lost a tooth during Color Wars.  She had a great day yesterday.

I am already looking forward to having next Friday off.  The kids are off too, so DH and I are talking about taking Thursday off so we can hang out.  And maybe have an entire, uninterrupted conversation.  And eat lunch someplace that doesn't have a children's menu.  ;)

Re: It's finally Friday!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2015
    YAY Friday.  Boo...I have to work all weekend. DH works tomorrow.  :)   But my kids aren't going to be here...so it won't be so bad.  Also, weekends are always much more relaxed work-wise than a regular week. 

I'm off Weds and Fri next week.  DH is off Friday. 

We picked up DH's new grill and set it up last night.  The damn thing weighs 250lbs.  It was really easy to put together. 

Besides working, I think DH might paint the barn this weekend and put our stuff in it...finally.  Then we can start working on other stuff...like landscaping and building a pit for our monster of a grill. 
  • Tonight we are getting to meet bffs' new baby.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Son's tournament in Wisconsin.

It's raining here again (it has every day) and it's really getting to me.  I am just not motivated to do anything.  I need to be outside.
  • tawillers said:

It's raining here again (it has every day) and it's really getting to me.  I am just not motivated to do anything.  I need to be outside.

Yeah, the rain is ridic and it's gearing up to rain starting like now through tomorrow. 
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

I think we've had something like 8" of RAIN in less than 2 weeks.  To say everything is swampy is an understatement.  Projects are at a standstill and it's hard to justify just looking at wet mud, but that's pretty much all we can do at work.

Tonight is work party...may stay about 47 minutes then leave.  H has the night off so I'm hesitant to spend it with coworkers, ya know?  Tomorrow may be a bike ride with H, which will be interesting since I haven't ridden in a long long LOOONG time. 
  • ftrMrs0 said:

I think we've had something like 8" of RAIN in less than 2 weeks.  To say everything is swampy is an understatement.  Projects are at a standstill and it's hard to justify just looking at wet mud, but that's pretty much all we can do at work.
    I wish we could take some of your rain.  We might get some tomorrow, but it's been hot and dry here for a while.  Even with watering every night, the window boxes and DD's roses are looking pretty stressed. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards