Wedding Woes

I'm really bored...so here's a story

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2015 in Wedding Woes
So I'll tell you about the work wives we had over for a cookout on July 4th weekend. 

1) DH's manager's wife.  She's a piece of work.  I've had three interactions with her and none of them were that great.  She did have the courtesy to come in my house and say hi and ask if I needed help with anything.  We chit-chatted about this and that.  She has extreme baby rabies.  She wants to quit working and make all the babies.  They've been married 9 months or so now.  It's his second marriage (no kids from the first).  He's almost 40. He works just as much as DH does (min 50 hours/week).  She's probably late 20's/early 30's.  She proceeded to tell me how she wants to be a SAHM because she 'doesn't want other people raising her kids.'  To which I reply, "Oh well, DefConn had the most amazing sitter for his first 3.5 years and now he's in an excellent daycare and learning all.the.things!" 

She then proceeds to get drunk.  Tell me how she can't get along with other women because you know, bitches be crazy, backstabbing, and want her man (he's no prize...I almost went off on him for being a dick about my H at our home (he thinks he's funny/teasing, but it's rudeness), but it just wouldn't be a good look for DH).  She also thinks he 'might be cheating on her'.  I was like, "Um no, you married an almost 40 year old with a highly demanding job." I mean, on bad weeks I don't get laid because DH comes home, eats, sees the kids, and goes to bed. Yeah...HAM, that one. We're supposed to go to their house for a cookout next month. ::sigh:: 

2. DH's IT guys wife showed up at my house in sweats and then tells me it's been '5 years' since she and her H got out without the kids.  And you came to MY HOUSE?  I think ur doin' it wrong.  She got drunk too and was puffing on her e-cig all night.  Mmmmkay. 

3. The newest supervisor and his wife showed up looking like they were ready to play tennis or something.  Their boys, 5 and 8, were both dressed in similar plaid shorts and the same polo shirt.  I thought they were twins until they said something and I guess the 5 year old is on the high end of growth and his brother is on the low end.  They were nice, but very stepford and she said something to me about, "Us moms just know!" in a sisterhood of the twats kind of way.  And they were drinking Rolling Rock or Heiniken or some shit. 

Good news is that DH's co-supervisor's wife is awesome and I could see us hanging out with them. And our good friends came as well and stayed late, so we had a great time with them. 

But yeah, the work wife quality is lacking compared to DH's old job.  ;) 

Re: I'm really bored...so here's a story

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I was ridiculously tied up yesterday and wanted to reply to this then, but better late than never.

I HATE it when people say they don't want to do daycare because they don't want other people raising their kids.  I mean, you want to SAH, great, go for it!  But don't justify your decision by shitting all over someone else's.  (Especially to someone whose kid is in daycare, holy tactlessness.) 

Funny how when their kid is in kindergarten, it's not "someone else raising their kids," but the year before, it is?  So she's going to homeschool her kids, then?

The rest of them, except for co-supervisor's wife, sound fairly worthless, but this chick really got my hackles up. 
  • Ohh and I forgot to mention that boss' wife thinks we (not sure who 'we' all is) need a girl's night out!  And this was after she told me about how she can't get along with other women.  

I bet it would be a scream. 
  • It sounds like one of those GNO that would end with mugshots and a headline on Jezebel.
  • Heffalump said:

I HATE it when people say they don't want to do daycare because they don't want other people raising their kids.  I mean, you want to SAH, great, go for it!  But don't justify your decision by shitting all over someone else's.  (Especially to someone whose kid is in daycare, holy tactlessness.) 

GD box...
    OSIL was like this for the first 2.5 years or so with oldest nephew. . then she had to work (internship for her PhD.) and MIL refused to watch nephew FT, so she put him in daycare 2 or so days a week. Nephew COULD NOT DEAL - he had so little interaction with anyone other than his parents and ILs, that he didn't know what to do with himself when surrounded by a bunch of kids/new adults. They didn't socialize him or give him any sort of discipline/structure, so the poor kid was completely lost. It took him months to adjust, and of course, it was the daycare's fault. 

For me, parenting choices fall into that whole religion and politics bucket of things that are probably not a good idea to discuss in mixed group situations. Don't try to force your beliefs on me, and I'm good. 
  • So I'll tell you about the work wives we had over for a cookout on July 4th weekend. 

1) DH's manager's wife.  She's a piece of work.  I've had three interactions with her and none of them were that great.  She did have the courtesy to come in my house and say hi and ask if I needed help with anything.  We chit-chatted about this and that.  She has extreme baby rabies.  She wants to quit working and make all the babies.  They've been married 9 months or so now.  It's his second marriage (no kids from the first).  He's almost 40. He works just as much as DH does (min 50 hours/week).  She's probably late 20's/early 30's.  She proceeded to tell me how she wants to be a SAHM because she 'doesn't want other people raising her kids.'  To which I reply, "Oh well, DefConn had the most amazing sitter for his first 3.5 years and now he's in an excellent daycare and learning all.the.things!" 

She then proceeds to get drunk.  Tell me how she can't get along with other women because you know, bitches be crazy, backstabbing, and want her man (he's no prize...I almost went off on him for being a dick about my H at our home (he thinks he's funny/teasing, but it's rudeness), but it just wouldn't be a good look for DH).  She also thinks he 'might be cheating on her'.  I was like, "Um no, you married an almost 40 year old with a highly demanding job." I mean, on bad weeks I don't get laid because DH comes home, eats, sees the kids, and goes to bed. Yeah...HAM, that one. We're supposed to go to their house for a cookout next month. ::sigh:: 

2. DH's IT guys wife showed up at my house in sweats and then tells me it's been '5 years' since she and her H got out without the kids.  And you came to MY HOUSE?  I think ur doin' it wrong.  She got drunk too and was puffing on her e-cig all night.  Mmmmkay. 

3. The newest supervisor and his wife showed up looking like they were ready to play tennis or something.  Their boys, 5 and 8, were both dressed in similar plaid shorts and the same polo shirt.  I thought they were twins until they said something and I guess the 5 year old is on the high end of growth and his brother is on the low end.  They were nice, but very stepford and she said something to me about, "Us moms just know!" in a sisterhood of the twats kind of way.  And they were drinking Rolling Rock or Heiniken or some shit. 

Good news is that DH's co-supervisor's wife is awesome and I could see us hanging out with them. And our good friends came as well and stayed late, so we had a great time with them. 

But yeah, the work wife quality is lacking compared to DH's old job.  ;) 

The bolded made my day.  Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards