Wedding Woes

This is why I don't work at places without baby-flavored donuts.

Dear Prudie,
I work for a health-conscious celebrity. Part of the job’s appeal was access to healthy meals prepared by staff, especially as I am a recovering bulimic. My boss does not know this history, and she throws jabs at me about my weight about once a week. I firmly told her that we’re no longer discussing my weight, yet she will not let up. There’s no HR department, so I’m unsure how to handle her weight pressures. Even without her input I’ve been increasingly contemplating old, bad habits to help me lose the pounds that make me feel self-conscious. I am the only minority female in my workplace, curvy but with a single-digit dress size. Do I just take what she says as part of working for a demanding celebrity? I already struggle to accept my body, so I don’t feel it’s something I should have to further defend.

—Eating Disordered

Re: This is why I don't work at places without baby-flavored donuts.

• Depends how much she likes her job, but disrespect is still rude, celebrity or not...  If she's a single-digit dress size - she needs to remember that she's a HEALTHY size _ instead of where she'd been eating disorder wise in the past, and not everyone eating the same diet is going to be the same size (what's healthy for one body type is recipe for disaster for another).  But, I hang around with powerlifters - strong is strong, it knows no body size or shape..

• A single-digit dress size would be a health disaster for me. I've never been one - not since childhood, at any rate - and when I was getting miles of walking in every day, I was still a size 12. 

I don't want to make any statements about her physical health, because there's no way to know. Clearly, her mental health is suffering, and she needs to quit ASAP. 
  • baconsmom said:
    A single-digit dress size would be a health disaster for me. I've never been one - not since childhood, at any rate - and when I was getting miles of walking in every day, I was still a size 12. 

I don't want to make any statements about her physical health, because there's no way to know. Clearly, her mental health is suffering, and she needs to quit ASAP. 
    This would be me too!!!  Single digit given my body composition would be a DISASTER!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards