Honeymoon Discussions

Best time to visit St. Croix

Has anyone ever been?

I am wondering what the weather is like around May-June and September-ish. I know that hurricane season typically is from June 1st-Nov 1st, but it seems that many people travel to the USVI during these times and have a great experience and the weather isn't a problem.

I have researched through Google and some websites say that the best time is May-Sept, but a travel agent told me that the fall is usually pretty iffy weather-wise, even though it is the cheapest time of year.

Just looking for some experience! Thanks!

Re: Best time to visit St. Croix

• I  lived in the USVI (but not St Croix).     I would exclude late-Aug until Mid-Oct.  Weather is iffy.  It's the slowest time of year and a lot of restaurants and activities shut down for a week or more during that time. I know some that shut down for months.   

Sure it's cheap and the weather is not that bad. Although not impossible, but it was kind-of rare to had a complete wash of a day, let alone 2 or more in a row.  More like we would get passing showers.  Enough to be annoying, but not horrible.

I like November through Dec.   Skip xmas/new years. Weather is fine.  Just too many damn people and expensive.    After the new year until mid-to-late Aug is nice.  I prefer May and early June.  Rates tend to drop after April 15th or so. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Thank you so much!

My FI has been toying with the idea of getting married next fall, but we want to go on our HM right after the wedding, so I was skeptical of the timing. We both think that we would need more time to save $ anyways and think that spring 2017 makes more sense.

Perfect! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards