Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Looking Back - Wedding Recap - Trials & Difficulties

Hi Ladies,

Now that you are married, when looking back, what was the most difficult/frustrating aspect of planning a wedding?
"Stay classy San Diego" - Ron Burgundy

Re: Looking Back - Wedding Recap - Trials & Difficulties

• It was difficult for me to plan long distance, since I was not marrying in the city where I currently live. It meant a lot of weekends chock full of multiple vendor meetings and appointments.

The most difficult would I guess be doing the seating chart. There were so many things and family dynamics to take into consideration when doing it and having people get upset over it, which is just silly, but it happens.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I second the distance... we should have selected somewhere closer to home.  It would have made everything so much easier, especially the weekend of.  It was 1 hr away from us and 2 hr from our family and caused a lot of unnecessary stress.  We even begged the venue to cancel and issue a refund for our deposit to try and make things easier. 
  • Dealing with vendors.
  • Dealing with two incompetent wedding planners. One worked for my church and the other worked for my venue. They both could not do their job correctly. I would email them asking them several questions and I was lucky if I would have one of the questions answered in full. They both drove me crazy! If I could have fired them I would have. In the end the ceremony and the reception were perfect but I really did have my doubts! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Planning from 2300 miles away.

A coordinator at the venue....nuff said
  • My wedding was only 2 states away, but it was difficult to have to depend on my mom and aunt so much to get things done when I couldn't be there.

Also, the venue' coordinator was a nightmare to work with. However, in the end (and after my own coordinator staying on her), we got everything we asked for, if not more. It just shouldnt have been that hard to get to that point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dealing with family drama. Weddings apparently bring out the worst in some of my relatives
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • With my wedding everything was really ok, but I kinda feel a little bit disturbed about the food. It seemed that we ordered plenty, but there where a few dishes that dissapeared very quickly . Now I think that we should've ordered even more extra portions. 
    The other thing is the weather. We had a backyard wedding end of August and the weather was just pefect, the night was warm.... but we didn't really have a plan B.  We had tents, but if the weather got really ugly, rainy and windy, it would have been very bad. Now I am more cautious and don't think I would have the guts to risk it again ;)
  • vinscenavinscena member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Ladies! xo
    "Stay classy San Diego" - Ron Burgundy
  • I had an outdoor wedding in April, and stressing about the weather was definitely the main thing.  It wound up being beautiful, but if it had been horribly windy / stormy / downpours, I'm not sure the tents would have been enough.
  • The most difficult part was the unexpected things that came up.  A family member passed away just a week before our wedding and the same day, one of our groomsmen informed us he'd been in an accident, breaking his leg and his wrist.

We adjusted what we needed to but there was a sense of sadness durring some portions of the wedding.  We included the past family member in our slideshow and our memorial table which was hard for some people to see, but they told us it wouldn't have been ok not to have included him.

Our groomsmen still had a great time.  We even managed to borrow a wheel chair from a co-worker so he could roll around.

All in all, it turned out ok.  But it was tough to have a funeral right after the wedding.  We've lost a lot of people recently, but everyone still had a great time at the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards