Wedding Woes

Calm before the storm....

First day of school. Let's get this party started.

Re: Calm before the storm....

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

We are entering the second full week.  6let is very excited to have homework. 

I'm so ready for fall.

• GBCKGBCK member
    we can't start until aftor labor day--it's surreal prep week :)
  • The two oldest started today.  DD2 will start on Thursday.  I told myself I was ready for them to go back for the last two weeks and then last night/this morning had some feelings about it.  They're all excited, though.
  • First day of school. Let's get this party started.
    Here too!  Good luck, NOLA!
  • Good Luck NOLA, you've got this!
  • tawillers said:
    The two oldest started today.  DD2 will start on Thursday.  I told myself I was ready for them to go back for the last two weeks and then last night/this morning had some feelings about it.  They're all excited, though.
    I was really proud that I didn't cry a bit this morning.  I did have something in my eye briefly as the bus pulled away, but I was tough.  ;)  DS was crazy excited about the school bus, though.  He's always the spotter:  the other kids are milling around, talking, etc. and DS is the vigilant one who spots it first and yells "Bus!  Bus!"

GBCK said:
    we can't start until aftor labor day--it's surreal prep week :)
    Labor Day is so late this year, it's messing with my head.
  • We've been in school for 4 weeks now.  Crazy.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    I know, the entire schedule is all screwy.

the state passed a law a few years ago that k-12 MUST start after labor day or lose funding.
    Except they kinda didn't thnk that through.
    We're starting the day after labor day, and grades are going to be DUE Dec 25 because of it.

FFS.  I'm already stressing about it.
  • Today was Wolverine's first day of kindergarten. She's excited although not much is changing beyond their classroom and probably a few classmates. She was a little sad when I told her that her boyfriend wasn't going to be in her class this year (his parents are moving to their new house, soon, so they enrolled him in the public school near there.) On the plus side, this means more gtg with boyfriend's mom and step-dad since the kids won't be seeing each other as often. (She's one of my good friends, so this was never a problem.)
  • I sure am tired. Whew!!!

A few bumps, but not too bad.

• I'm glad DD's new school starts after Labor Day!!!  We hadn't planned on having to even look for a new school, but Private Schools get to cherry pick and they didn't like DD and her uncanny ability to relate more to the teachers/staff than to peers (their excuse was "She doesn't fit in, we aren't doing her any favors by allowing her to reenroll"..  Not disciplinary, not academic - a purely BS reason to say we can do whatever we want regardless of what is in the child's best interest)..  Of course, here we sit, it's about being optimistic even though here we sit thinking the worst and hoping for the best with the change even though we know "the problems aren't going to go away shuffling her around from school to school" (there's only so much as parents that we can control once she leaves the house..)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards