Wedding Woes

That was fast.

Dear Prudie,
After reading about the Ashley Madison hack, I went to one of the websites that lets you search the data and learned that my husband’s old email address was included in the list of accounts. I went to AshleyMadison.com, typed in his email, and then tried a couple of his old passwords. That logged me into an actual account. There was no photo, and there had been no activity on the account. However, I was sure it was my husband’s because of the password, as well as interests he had checked, like “philosophy” and “opera.” I was livid. I texted him that I had found his account looking for a “disease-free woman” and that he shouldn’t bother coming home until he gave me an explanation. He came home to deny that he had ever created the account. He said they must have pulled the information from some other website. He was furious at me and said his trust in me was almost completely gone for “spying” on him. I don’t believe that he has ever cheated on me—we talk all the time during the day—but it seems unlikely he didn’t create the account. He swears he has no recollection of it, and that if he were going to cheat on me he would have set up a different email address to do it. I thought he’d admit it and apologize, and I would have believed that he’d never used it. But now I feel like I have no resolution. What do I do?

—Confused “Spy”

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards