New York-Long Island

Pre Cana but not a church wedding

First, I'm so devastated that considering our wedding date/time/location, it doesn't allow for a church ceremony. My fiance I are both pretty bummed about this, but we would still like to engage in the Pre Cana course and feel better about getting the catholic blessing (even if some do consider it silly- we feel better about it).  Can we still attend Pre Cana at our parish or is that only an offering for those getting married at the church?  We're open to premarital courses, as we do find them very insightful, but would prefer Pre Cana.  Any and all info is super helpful!  Thank you much! L&B

Re: Pre Cana but not a church wedding

• Hi! Here is the website for the Diocese of Rockville Centre for Long Island, which should give you a lot of information about pre cana. Though I can't imagine the church would turn you away from pre cana, I would discuss it with a priest at your parish to see what the protocol is. I though pre cana was a very interesting and rewarding experience myself (though FI found it a bit boring at times, what can you do?).

http://www.drvc-faith.org/marriage-ministry/

Could you have your priest give you a private blessing/ceremony after your wedding?

• Wow! Thank you so much for the helpful response and link! That is a good idea.  I am going to contact my church tomorrow and find out the details! I'm sure my fiance will be bored to tears, but I think its a good idea and a great learning experience. It's important to me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards