Wedding Woes

Tuesday

What's up?  

I'm anxiously awaiting my first order from Modcloth and my new shoes from DSW.  I ordered dresses for work prom, which is in November.  I'm hoping one of the dresses works.  :)

My grandparents get into town tomorrow.  I'm very happy they finally have decided to start flying vs. driving.  They're coming to dinner on Thursday night.  They haven't seen our house since prior to us moving in. 

My dad's surprise 60th is Saturday.  We've been planning this for a year and half.  He has not a freaking clue.  We're having my sister's baby shower on Sunday and he thinks everyone is coming to town for that.  He thinks we're all going out to dinner Saturday night, but it's just a casual thing.  He keeps make restaurant suggestions...bless his heart. 

I purged the hell out of my clothes and DefConn's as well.  I also received the nice surprise of a) brand new shirts MIL had bought last year and I'd forgotten about and b) a bunch of stuff from last year that should still fit him.  Plus I bought him a few things in the last couple weeks, so he's fall/winter ready.  I just need to find him a pair sturdy shoes. 

Re: Tuesday

• What is a "work prom"? Do they get all their employees and have a fancy dance? Do you get paid time off to get ready?? Is there a work prom king and queen?

Seriously, I'm torn between being glad we don't have that kind of "forced fun" and being totally jealous of most frivolous bits I can imagine.

• Morning.  2/3 of the kids are at school and I got my payroll work done already.  I've got a load in the washer and a load in the dryer.  Now I just need to do some surface decluttering.

I'm happy to report that all the toy organization I did last month has paid off (so far).  Every single thing has a place and I've made myself make the girls clean their rooms every day.  I've just got to keep it up.

We just have soccer practice tonight.  Hopefully DH and I can lounge and watch a movie after the girls are in bed.

Side note:  We DVRed Interstellar a few days ago.  We thought about watching it last night and saw that it's 3 hours long.  3 hours!  That will take us at least two days to watch.
  • Work prom is our end of year party.  They throw it in the biggest hotel ballroom downtown.  We get discounted rooms, food, drinks, and lots of dancing.  And they give away a metric fuckton of prizes.  People are entered for them via stats and sales.  
  • Ran all of my errands without getting out of the van.  Curbside Express is kind of awesome, but the bagging was ridiculous- 1 bag of frozen peas in a paper bag in a plastic bag, 1 dozen eggs in a paper bag in a plastic bag; 1 beef roast in a small plastic bag in a big plastic bag 2 of those in a paper bag in a plastic bag.  I may not be able to handle that.  HOWEVER The first 3 trips are free and I have $10 off $75.  I'm going back Wednesday for gift cards and whatever the free item of the week is.

I'm almost done making a "free" shutterfly book from our Gatlinburg trip.  Wonder how much shipping will be.  6let loves to play cards with a family friend.  I had him make a face with his tongue out and I'm putting it on a deck of cards.  Christmas for Ray- done.

My dad is retiring at the end of the month.  I feel like we should do SOMETHING, but we just did a blow out 70th last year. 

• 6fsn said:

I'm almost done making a "free" shutterfly book from our Gatlinburg trip.  Wonder how much shipping will be.  

Shipping for a book is usually around $8.
  • Morning. I'm on the phone with UPS because they keep "correcting" our address to our old house. DH had to pitch a fit because ordered some expensive piece of electronics from Amazon and they were going to deliver it to the wrong house. Right now, they are trying to tell me that I need to drive to their facility (over a hour away) to go pick up my package which is ridiculous. They are screwing up, not me.

Anyways, I'm tired. I randomly woke up at 4:45 am because I thought I got a text message and then I couldn't go back to sleep because I swore DD was crying. Our baby monitor is a piece of crap but I really don't want to shell out for a new one.

Also, I should start working but I am really tempted to call out sick today. I have no desire to work right now.
  • Ha, I'm doing Shutterfly photo books now, too.  Just finished a Best Summer Ever for Wooz with all of her summer adventures.  I started an apple picking one for my mom--we've been going since Wooz was barely a year old, and it turns out I have (to paraphrase mrs.conn) a metric fuckton of apple picking pictures of her with the kids.  But that one didn't meet the minimum page count, so I'm debating adding blank pages and having Wooz illustrate them, or doing a different project altogether (photo collage or something).

Finally getting DS's sleep back on track, so I slept better last night than I have in a while.  You know how if you're sleep deprived, and then one night you're not, the next day you feel like a million bucks?  That's me today.  And fall is settling in, a week or so early.  It's like 50 when we wait for the school bus, but 80 by lunchtime. 

DH and I were bullshitting last night while we were waiting for DS to fall asleep, about how great it would be to chuck both of our jobs, sell our house, and buy a farm in the mountains.  We'd grow berries for the spring you-pick season, apples and pumpkins for fall, and Christmas trees for the holidays.  With a petting zoo.  And chickens.  And a dog for DS, and a bunch of barn cats for DD.  And a quaint little county store gift shop with apple butter and soap made from our goats' milk and local honey and shit like that.  The kids could run loose on the farm.  Wooz could ride horses every day.  We're not going to do it, but it's a fun idea.  I kind of wish we would.
  • @6fsn, I made one for a friend last night and it was $8.68 total for just the normal shipping no rush.

I don't want to work today.  I'm still on the last legs of being sick and I'm just tired.
  • It's done!  I added a little plastic pocket to the back for our ticket stubs so it came to $10.  I was hoping the playing cards would be enough to get to free shipping, but you could stack them.  I might have to see if someone local does the cards.
  • 6fsn said:
    It's done!  I added a little plastic pocket to the back for our ticket stubs so it came to $10.  I was hoping the playing cards would be enough to get to free shipping, but you could stack them.  I might have to see if someone local does the cards.
    I thought about the pocket for Wooz's summer book.  Haven't decided yet.
  • Walgreens has the photo playing cards.
  • Walgreens has the photo playing cards.
    Thanks, $22 seems high so I might need to watch for coupons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards