Wedding Woes
Options

this is awful...

I get that teachers have to make sure the kids are safe - but the reaction here seems extreme. Poor kid. 

I do have to admit - the description of the clock had me laughing. 
"The clock was made with a circuit board and digital display, which were inside a case with a tiger hologram on it."

Re: this is awful...

• Options
    I was in the airport in Omaha once and they shut the airport down because of a bomb threat. I believe that it was nothing more than an engineering project a college kid was transporting.

TL;DR: People are idiots.
  • Options
    It's horrible.  The pic of him in handcuffs looking terrified breaks my heart. 

Also, "He said it was a clock and offered no further explanation."  WHAT? It's.a.clock.  

PLUSalso, if they were so worried it was a bomb...where was the bomb squad? 
  • Options
    I don't get why everyone immediately went to "bomb!"  Have they ever seen the inside of a digital clock, or a programmable coffeemaker, or anything else with a circuit board or two?  They all look like bombs.  They are all not-bombs. 

(Well, maybe I know why they all went there, but I hope I'm wrong.)
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

(Well, maybe I know why they all went there, but I hope I'm wrong.)
    http://gawker.com/the-arrest-of-a-14-year-old-for-making-a-clock-is-the-e-1731061138

• Options
    i read an article that they brought in a bomb squad, it tested as "not a bomb" and they left - sounds like no charges were pressed, but he is being suspended for building a "hoax bomb". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards