Wedding Woes
Options

TGIF

So glad it's Friday.  DD was home sick yesterday, DH is home sick today, and my sinuses are all achy on the right side of my face.  (It's an odd feeling, since the left side feels fine, but I guess it's better than having both sides messed up.)  I'm trying to treat myself OTC and hoping it works.  So far, only DS is unscathed.

I do not understand Shopkins.  At all.  ::shrug::

Making plans for our Thanksgiving road trip:  I am hoarding little gifty things for the kids to do in the car (see Shopkins comment, above).  Being home with DD yesterday allowed me to compulsively plan to the Nth degree--I even called a Chick-Fil-A in Villa Rica, GA to confirm that they have a playground, because it looks like about the right stopping point for lunch/letting the kids burn off some energy before DS's nap.

Re: TGIF

• Options

It's rainy today and we've been running crazy so this afternoon is a movie and popcorn.

Tomorrow I'm doing some Christmas shopping.  Target 25% off code and 10% on the wishlist means I'll be getting a care bear, paw patroller, and minecraft sword.

Sunday my folks will be here for dinner and I need a dessert but have zero inspiration.  We're having lasagna, salad, and breadsticks.  Anyone have an easy idea?

I don't get shopkins, but they have a million price points and are small.  I'm ok with it.

• Options
    @6fsn: ice cream, brownies, rice krispie treats, leftover Halloween candy.

i don't know what a Shopkin is. 

I'm WFH today so I can pick up my parents at the airport. They'll only be here until Monday, but i know they are excited to see Wolverine and our new puppy. (We brought her home about 2 weeks after their last visit.) We got most of the cleaning done, but I need to run the sweeper upstairs before I get them. 

We were talking about going to the Ren Faire, tomorrow. so hopefully the weather holds up - it's been 2 years since the last time we went. 

• Options
    6fsn said:
    Sunday my folks will be here for dinner and I need a dessert but have zero inspiration.  We're having lasagna, salad, and breadsticks.  Anyone have an easy idea?
    How unfancy are you comfortable with?  Because your menu made me think tiramisu, and this is a pretty easy, fakey, tasty tiramisu.  It's not authentic, but if that's not a problem then here you go:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easy-tiramisu-dessert/d259451d-fc2c-406b-a346-835a61cb249f
  • Options

Shopkins are little plastic things you collect/trade/play with.

I really want cheesecake or tiramisu, but don't want to make it or buy it.  Extra lazy.  Maybe I'll make DH do it.

• Options
    I'm sleepy this morning and my coffee isn't helping.  DH worked overnight but his alarm still went off at 1:30 AM this morning and it took awhile for me to fall back to sleep.

Not much planned for the weekend.  We are going out to dinner and to hear some music on Saturday night but nothing else is definite.

@6, my favorite, easy dessert is Lemon Torte. 

2 cans of lemon pie filling
    1 box complete angel food cake mix (the "Just Add Water" one)
    1 8 oz tub of whipped topping

Mix one can of pie filling with the cake mix and spread in a 9x13 pan.  Bake at temperature and time listed on cake mix box.  When cool, spread remaining can of pie filling over cake and top with whipped topping.  Refrigerate until serving.  
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:

i don't know what a Shopkin is. 

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vF6B7z4SXaI/maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, the one in the front row, center, is toilet paper, and I also see detergent and a boot.  Fun?

The girls in DD's class are nuts for them.  I got her a Shopkins water bottle (because she lost Hello Kitty) and she was inundated with questions about where she got it.
  • Options
    ok. i still don't get the appeal. at least with something like pogs there was a game involved. 

maybe we need to resurrect pogs. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2015
    This week has been good, but crazy!  

Weds, DH and I were off work for our anniversary.  We had the best massages of our life and then went to a really good local place for lunch.  DH then had to take the kiddo to get a cavity filled and I got my nails done for work prom this weekend.  (The kiddo has never had a filling before and two days later it's still drama, drama, drama).

Yesterday, I had an office day where I sat through 5 hours of training (from 10a-3p...Seriously, worst timing ever.  They scheduled my 'lunch' at 9:30a and then all they had were chips and candy for snacks.  I brought other stuff to eat, but never had an official lunch).  Training was pretty intense.  I'm not used to that at all. 

This weekend:

Tonight: Chill night with the family

Tomorrow: Hair appt, dropping the kids off with the IL's, and then work prom.  We're staying at the fancy pants hotel where the party is being held. 

Sunday: Hopefully not too hung over.  Sleeping until we wake up (with no DefConn launching himself into our bed demanding food).  Not sure on the rest of the day.  Hopefully a nap.  :) 

• Options
    My cold is worse, damnit.  I just want to feel better for tomorrow's shopping trip.

I think some people in our neighborhood are competing with each other over xmas decorations.  They were talking about how their houses have fb pages and other decor stuff on the neighborhood page and now there are about 4-5 houses with stuff outside already.  It's odd.  I'm a lover of xmas decorations, but this is very weird.
  • Options
    I've got a hella lot of personal paperwork to take care of tomorrow. We've got an outreach event tonight that I'll be wandering around keeping an eye on, but staying out of.  One of my new leadership peeps has planned this, so I'm making myself stay out of it.  Other than that, nothing much this weekend, but yes, so glad it's Friday.
  • Options

MIL can't hear.  Right now it's just annoying, but it's almost to the point I don't trust her alone with the kids because it's dangerous.  She can't hear them and she doesn't hear directions.  She claims hearing aids are too expensive. 

I just got off the phone with her.  She and sFIL are spending 3 nights in a hotel in Cleveland and going to two Cavs games.  I know people can spend money on whatever, but don't say you CAN'T afford it.  You CHOOSE not to.

• Options

The appeal of shopkins is like trading/baseball cards of old...  Yes, DD is nuts for them and I can safely say they've gotten a lot of stuff accomplished around here and school because they're a reward structure item for us right now...  Bribery 101... 

... and yes, she's got the TP one...  She traded for it, and it hasn't left the house since...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards