Oklahoma
Options

The wedding that will never happen

First off I don't want any sympathy. I just wanted someone anyone at this point to know how I feel. Don't reply to me. I've been looking for support groups or forums to write on, but have found none. Apparently no one has similar problems as I do. I have been trying to plan my wedding, but it always seems like I never have enough money. So I have put that on hold. No one in the family including my future husband's family seems to be on board or excited about it either. I have gotten response like "your not girly enough"  "You don't need one" No one wants to help out.... I wanted to invite all of my family and friends and when I started writing a quest list....there was no one to add because everyone had all ready given me a verbal no when I announced our engagement. They all seem to be on the same page and I'm just left standing there. I was hoping over time that they would change their mind. I've been engaged for about three years now and nothing has changed. They don't have a problem with my future husband or they would have told me their that type of people. I have known him for 10+ years before we got engaged. I know they say that weddings can cause a lot of upheaval in families. That a lot of people disagree and don't get a long. What do you do when everyone agrees with each other except you? I know i'm rambling. I can't help it through  the tears, but at least now I know even if someone just glances at this in passing. I know someone read this and heard my words.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards