Wedding Woes

Share your Thanksgiving Day "Bean Dips"..

Now that Thanksgiving is over - let's hear about some of the necessary Bean Dip moments everyone had!

Re: Share your Thanksgiving Day "Bean Dips"..

• My grandparents decided that the 2 hour drive to my cousin's house would be a great time to talk to my mom about what happens if my grandfather passes away before my grandmother.......... Mom and I looked at each other and she said, "This is a necessary conversation but we don't need to have it today. It's Thanksgiving for goodness sake!!" And then immediately changed the subject.

• DH & MIL started in on how my plate was all apps (summer sausage, little smokies, cheese, two strawberries) and a slice of beef...  Mind you - I can't stomach turkey for anything and I'm pretty low glycemic carb for diet which means stuffing, green beans, potatoes, and turkey as the main course was out - this is what I had for options ... I suggested to the hubby that maybe I make eggs with cheese for breakfast in the morning (he's lactose intolerant and hates eggs) - it's AMAZING how he caught on and helped change the subject!! Only took how many years LOL...

What sucks though - Ginger (I'm mildly allergic) was in something I ate so I got to spend the evening breaking out in hives and swelled up a bit - but I slept like a log thanks to a Benadryl induced slumber!

• Wednesday night I drank by a campfire with my cousins.  It was awesome.

Thursday we had microwaved Thanksgiving at MIL's.  It was little plastic containers of reheated Bob Evans.  Everyone talked sports.

Thursday night sMIL admitted her son is a selfish ass.  He was supposed to come in for Tday to visit his dying sister.  He came in the weekend before so he wouldn't have to see any family and visited his sister once for 10 minutes. 

No bean dip for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards