Wedding Woes

Is it really new or are you just now noticing it?

Dear Prudence,
My dad recently seems to have developed a hatred for overweight people that I can’t understand. He says things like “look at this fatty” when we’re out driving. My husband and I object when he says these things, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. What’s even worse is that my mother is overweight. He says these things around her, and she doesn’t say anything! I think my dad is trying to be funny, but no one laughs. When I came home from the hospital two days after my son’s birth last year, he made a comment about how I “still looked pregnant.” I’m not sure if I should bring it up or just let it be between my parents, but the whole thing really upsets me.

–Unfunny Father

Re: Is it really new or are you just now noticing it?

• Maybe the mom accidentally broke his chair?

I would bring it up, bring it up, and bring it up some more.  And if I got tired of it, I would take a break from my dad, and tell him why. 

As for "still looked pregnant," yeah, no shit, Sherlock.  That skin and muscle doesn't magically shrink the second the cord is cut, asshole.  Plus all the extra fluid you shed for what, like a week? 

Okay, now I want to find this guy just to say "Fuck you, asshole" and drive away.  Is that wrong?
  • Wait - this person is still ALIVE after making a comment like that to a Mom who just delivered the baby - he should be thanking his lucky stars!!!

Yea - he needs to be called to task and likely reminded he doesn't have a bodybuilder's physique...

• tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2016
    MesmrEwe said:

Wait - this person is still ALIVE after making a comment like that to a Mom who just delivered the baby - he should be thanking his lucky stars!!!

Yea - he needs to be called to task and likely reminded he doesn't have a bodybuilder's physique...

So if he had one, the comments would be perfectly fine and not assy?

Also, pointing that out would make LW just as bad as her dad.

Commenting on another person's body is douchey no matter what they look like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards