Nevada-Las Vegas

Vegas in Suite wedding for 10-15ppl wanted

Hello everyone!
First off: I love this site!!! As a newly engaged woman planing a wedding in Vegas from overseas I already found so much help here :)

Our plan is to get married in Jan 2017, early, a few days after New Years. The reason we have it in Vegas is so my fiancées family can be there.

We are looking at a group of 10-15 ppl and thought about an in-suite reception. My favorite so far is the wraparound terrace suite. Want to get some outside catering and bring our own booze. Does that sound reasonable? My friend looked at the pictures and that it would be too small but I already saw some people here having it in those suites.

Or can anyone recommend another suite that is less then 500$ a night? Bride on a budget here...

Re: Vegas in Suite wedding for 10-15ppl wanted

• The wraparound terrace is absolutely big enough for 15 people.  We are having our wedding in the Cosmo's bridal suite, which is basically the same unit as the bridal suite, but without a bed and with somewhat different furnishings.  We're expecting around 35 and it should fit fine.

The Cosmo has wedding planners that are generally easy to work with once you get assigned someone, though it can be hit or miss until you are really on someone's radar.  Please keep in mind that officially they don't allow outside catering, so you are running a little bit of risk if that's your plan. I know many have done it successfully, but we weren't willing to take that risk.  We went with a private room at an on-site restaurant for the meal instead.

• We had our reception in a Wraparound Suite in May last year, and had 10 people. There was room for at least 10 more. We had Masterpiece catering and I had Cosmo make us a wedding cake. I also had a photobooth set up from Taylored Photo Memories. Everything was perfect, there wasn't a single hiccup.
  • In January, I wouldn't push any more than 15-20 people inside the Wraparound Terrace.

We toured it in May and felt that it would be really tight for the 25-35 guests we were planning (unless most of them stayed outside). That being said, we've got a bit of a boisterous group and we were trying to accommodate; there have been lots of reviews posted where they've had 35+ in the suite, but it sounds like they rely heavily on the balcony for additional space.

For a suite under $500/night, the Wraparound will probably be out; it's generally $500-$700, but a weekday in January might be OK.

Word of advice: Don't even waste your time considering the Rio. Don't waste your time or your money. It may be "All suites" but there is no way in hell you want to host anything there.

You might want to look at the suites at the Mirage. They're usually $450-$700, but are super super nice and no outdoor space you have to worry about no one using. I posted photos of both on my scouting trip reviews back in May. :)
  • We are going with the Luxor. It's far less expensive. Although I haven't heard of too many people using them. So hopefully it'll go ok.
  • I will always give the Vista Suite an a++++. I had 30 people full catering a dance floor installed a dj cocktail tables the works and had a ton of room for more people! It was $500 a night and I got the last night free because it wasn't booked and they let us stay there. You're treated so great at MB!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards