Wedding Woes

Last Monday in January

How was the weekend?  Friday we got carpet and furniture. 

We failed final inspection for something simple.  So Saturday we fixed that, installed bookcases, tv, media shelf and I started to put things back.  I'm LOVING this room, but it needs pictures and curtains.  I ordered extra curtains to put on the bottom shelves of our bookcases to hide kid toys. 

I have no more money so now I'm stalking my facebook groups for stuff. 

Sunday was church and breakfast.  Max spiked a fever so he spent the rest of the day on the couch and we played games.

We were supposed to go to the library today, but not with fever boy.  It's going to be a long week.

Re: Last Monday in January

• Booh. Sorry about the inspection fail. I hope it passes next time with the fixes. I hope Max feels better soon!

I did nothing but putter around this weekend. Tried a new recipe Saturday night, but that was about it.

Guess who got another snow day? Woot! I have to be productive today, though. I can't just blow it off and get nothing graded.

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Good morning.  I'd like some more weekend, please.

We had basketball games on Saturday.  The girls are really loving it.  Then we spent all afternoon and evening at home.  It was glorious.

Yesterday we didn't do much, which was nice.  DH and I went to the grocery store and then just hung out with the kids the rest of the day.  We did have to leave the house to get Son to and from two baseball practices, but other than that, we shut oursevles in the house.
  • Poor Max!  I hope he feels better soon!

Weekend was great.  We went out to dinner Friday night. 

Saturday, DH brought home flowers and donuts from our fave place for my bday.  I know he was trying to 'surprise' me because of the look on his face when he walked in and I was sitting on the couch with DefConn playing on the floor.  But DefConn waits for no one in the morning, as he is voraciously hungry as soon as his eyes open.  

Around lunch time we headed to Cincy to meet our new nephew.  SIL and BIL are adorable first time parents and baby is so chill.  He only gets mad when he wants the boob or if you're changing his clothes.  

We went home after breakfast yesterday.  We watched football and didn't do much else the rest of the night.  All in all a good weekend, which we needed after last week being crazy. 
  • This weekend was all about clean eating and working out. I was trying to shock my system. I'm also trying to decide if I'm going home for Mardi Gras. I just found out my sister and bil are driving, so I might have to take that ride.
  • Sorry about the home inspection and sick Max!

This weekend was exactly what I wanted/needed. Friday night was nice and chill. Just made some dinner, watched TV, and stared out the window like a little kid waiting for the snow.

We only got about an inch of snow, but it was enough for my to justify (in my own mind at least) locking myself in my house all day Saturday. I tried a new recipe Saturday night, too - stuffed zucchini boats. They were DELICIOUS.

Yesterday was church, napping, and watching football (BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). That's about it. It was so nice to have nothing to do for once!

• I've spent the weekend doing almost nothing, I did basic cleaning and laundry but stayed in. My mom is coming tomorrow and will be here for 2 weeks, so I really need to do more.  No school here again today, so no grandkids.

TMI ahead - I've been having very heavy periods for about 2 years now, my reg. Dr. said she thought pre menopause, and I am on blood thinners, so I have just been dealing with it. But, this month I bled 2 weeks, stopped for about 4 days, and now since Thurs I've been a mess, huge clots and having to change clothes a few times a day.  Ugh, I'm going to have to make a gyno appt. and I just don't want to deal with anymore health crap.
  • My bosses took H and I up to Asheville. We were originally just going to go up Friday and stay the night but with the snow imminent, we headed up late Thursday to get snowed in. Only a few places were open Friday (mostly bars, which was fine with us) but we had fun anyway. Made it safely home Saturday and have been staying in. I'll be going to work in a couple hours.
  • I've spent the weekend doing almost nothing, I did basic cleaning and laundry but stayed in. My mom is coming tomorrow and will be here for 2 weeks, so I really need to do more.  No school here again today, so no grandkids.

TMI ahead - I've been having very heavy periods for about 2 years now, my reg. Dr. said she thought pre menopause, and I am on blood thinners, so I have just been dealing with it. But, this month I bled 2 weeks, stopped for about 4 days, and now since Thurs I've been a mess, huge clots and having to change clothes a few times a day.  Ugh, I'm going to have to make a gyno appt. and I just don't want to deal with anymore health crap.
    @pegasuskat that is exactly what happened to my mom. Sometimes she would bleed for 3 or 4 weeks straight. It is miserable. So sorry.

• Friday, FI and I went to dinner and then saw Star Wars.

Saturday, I got my nails done and then sat at home with my mom looking at wedding dresses. FI came over later and we all played Hand & Foot and drank wine. It was a lot of fun.

Sunday, FI and I got up late. My Great-Aunts and Great-Uncle came over about 1 and stayed ALL DAY to watch the football games. They finally left about 8 and we were all exhausted. I ordered a long line bra to wear when trying on dresses because I didn't have a white one oops.. So that should be here in a week and hopefully (fingers crossed) it will work with whatever dress I pick and I don't have to buy a new one. OHHH, one of the highlights to my day, went to pick up my BC and it was free! That's $137 I didn't have to spend this month, woot woot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Peg, that has to get old for sure. It also sounds like fibroids. Glad you are going to get checked by your doctor. I hope you feel better soon.
  • @artbyallie glad you were able to make it out of Asheville! I live about 45 minutes west and we were home bound most of the weekend.

I did something really stupid this weekend. H and I are moving into temporary housing (really long story, we're relocating back north in a few months, our lease expired and had move) that I've only been to once. The easiest route was snowed/iced in, but the back way was supposed to be clear. Well I got lost. And ended up driving down a snowy icy mountain road anyways, my car slid twice (nearly into a creek). Well now we can't get the car back up the hill and there is no outlet from the road so the only way out is back up the hill. So in addition to moving my car is now stuck on the side of the road. Awesome.

At least I'm working from home today.
  • weekend started off well, ended in a crummy way. 

I had Friday off, so I got a 90min massage, got lunch, and hung out at home playing video games. Had the fun idea to make a fire in the new fire pit and use it to cook dinner. everything ended up being pretty good, so will do that again sometime for sure. 

Saturday, DK had a fish meeting, so I took Wolverine with me to get a spa pedicure. The place that I go put in a hello kitty chair for the kids maybe a year ago, and I thought she would enjoy it. The only negative was that they started her first, so I think she got kinda bored while I finished up. 

Sunday was slow until I got a call/e-mail that one of Wolverine's teachers passed away over the weekend. She was the afternoon teacher that came in for a few hours at the end of the day to watch Wolverine's kindergarten class and the older kids in the after school program. She was a really nice lady and the kids loved her. We had to tell the kid what happened, and she was pretty sad. (I think it will hit her more, today, when the lady doesn't come in.) She was an older woman (probably early -mid 60s)and it sounds like she had a heart attack and a stroke and passed away in the ICU. 
  • Friday was a snow day, bot h kids' schools were closed, and DH was WFH.  I had to take a vacation day, which slightly sucked, but I did log on a couple of times just to keep tabs on things.  But we painted, took the kids outside (which they really wanted to do, but Friday we mostly had ice, and I swear we spent more time getting in and out of snow clothes than actually outside.) 

Most things were still shut down Saturday, and we stayed in.  Riding was canceled.  Took the kids out in the snow for a bit.  Had the worst playdate in the history of playdates (see separate post). 

Yesterday was pretty chill, we did very little and loved it.  Panthers are going to the Super Bowl.  :)
  • edited January 2016
    I had a relatively uneventful weekend.  Spent most of it at home reading, watching basketball & football, and doing laundry.  Went through some paperwork stuff that I've been putting off. Overall it was a fairly relaxing weekend.

I made some awesome garlic-parmesan chicken for dinner on Saturday though.  DH typically does all our cooking, so I figured it was time to change it up a bit.

We did find another good use for DH's dash camera over the weekend.  Lately, there has been a disgusting increase in people not picking up their dog poop in my apartment complex, especially right around my building. We've complained to the management and they suspect who it may be, but said they can't do anything unless they have some proof. So, we parked the car in a spot with a good view and left the camera running all weekend.  We got some great video of offending neighbors.  I know there are a few others that are guilty on the other side of my building, so we may park the car over that way next weekend.  There's also a new dog owner over there that keeps letting her dog out off leash.  My dog gets pretty territorial and off-leash dogs tend to cause fights... plus, we are a bit sensitive about off-leash dogs after one of my neighbors dogs got killed by one a few years back. So, I'm hoping to catch them on video also. I feel a tiny bit bad about ratting out my neighbors, but I'm sick of seeing dog crap everywhere... especially after having stepped in it a couple times. And we are very good at picking up after our pets and are sick of getting lumped in with the irresponsible dog owner just because we live in the area of the complex that has the worst offenders.

• This weekend was okay. I keep saying that I'm going to knock stuff off my to-do list but the weekend rolls around and I'm just tired. No desire to do any of the little things that need to be done. DH is the same way, so combined we just do the bare minimum. I really think we need to investigate hiring a house cleaner again.

It's already January and I'm just feeling burnt out. I want to go on vacation and come home to a clean house, a job that doesn't make me feel like I'm just putting out fires, and a meal that someone else cooked.
  • @*barbie*...That's awful.  :(  I'm sorry. I hope Wolverine is OK.  

Telling DefConn about his mamaw was terrible. He still asks all the time if she's going to 'come back'.  :/ 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    I've spent the weekend doing almost nothing, I did basic cleaning and laundry but stayed in. My mom is coming tomorrow and will be here for 2 weeks, so I really need to do more.  No school here again today, so no grandkids.

I'm sorry.  I'm going through the same stuff for the last 2 years also.

Back in Nov I had a 25 day period (mostly heavy).    Nothing since then. HOWEVER, I'm having insomnia and hot flashes.      I have mostly cut out all alcohol and started taking Vit -E and Black Conosh which has helped with the hot flashes.    I heard taking Vit D can help.  I already drink milk daily and my Vit D levels are really good, so I'm not taking any additional.    

I read I should removed refined sugars too.  Fuck that.  Being a woman sucks enough I'm not going to give up everything.

My weekend was uneventful.  Although I did make some kick-ass french bread baguettes.     I think I will be baking me own bread from now on.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • boo on stuck cars and cycles (I'm also in stuck cycle.  Got my IUD pulled about 2 weeks ago [just changed wings in the biodome-the Mr got the approval after th big V.  Buffy is an only] and my body is weird and not fixing)

We did very little--were suppossed to have girl scout overnight but I said Buffy had been to sick.  So we did pretty little.

TODAY is sausage day.  So I've got 6 more hours of the house smelling like cooking game and making sure I turn meat rods every 2 hours.
    (Just summer sausage, no casings or such.)
  • GBCK said:
    boo on stuck cars and cycles (I'm also in stuck cycle.  Got my IUD pulled about 2 weeks ago [just changed wings in the biodome-the Mr got the approval after th big V.  Buffy is an only] and my body is weird and not fixing)
    I *LOVE* my Mirena, but I wish I could convince DK to get the big snip. 
  • I loved it--but I'm due to have it out in like a year--I figured if it sent me into a migraine spiral of doom, I should take that risk while unemployed rather than while at a potiental new job.

The snip wasn't bad though.  I mean, it wan't all fun, and the Mr. was really sore after, but he says it's all good, and heaven knows he's a whineybutt sometimes

• It's funny to see the vasectomy discussion today. I just called to schedule our consultation this morning.
  • DH was scheduled for a V until we found out about Max.  Tubal seemed easier at that point.

Side note: My house is CLEAN- dust, vacuum, bathrooms, floors.  Laundry is washed folded and put in everyone's rooms. 2 loaves of bread are baked.  2 bags of trash gone, $22 claimed on b/s/t group.  AND 3 hrs logged of work.
  • 6, that's a productive day. A nap would round it out very nicely.
  • *Barbie* said:
    GBCK said:
    boo on stuck cars and cycles (I'm also in stuck cycle.  Got my IUD pulled about 2 weeks ago [just changed wings in the biodome-the Mr got the approval after th big V.  Buffy is an only] and my body is weird and not fixing)
    I *LOVE* my Mirena, but I wish I could convince DK to get the big snip. 
    I can't even convince DH to get our male dog fixed.  He figures that he would hate having someone force him to lose his manhood and is hesitant to force that on our dog, unless there is a reason to. He is willing to get the dog fixed though if it becomes a problem.  Dog had one incidence of enlarged prostate that vet said will likely reoccur if he's not fixed, and DH said we will get him fixed if it happens again.

And DH has finally said that he would maybe be open to discussions about vasectomy if it comes down to a necessity.  Right now I'm on Nexplanon and it's working great so far (6 months with no negative effects). 

• 6, that's a productive day. A nap would round it out very nicely.

I even did the steps! No nap though.
  • I'm so glad DH had the snip. On the flip, it did take him longer to recover which sort of sucked. That said, like 6 months after it was done I wanted a 3rd kid bad. DH was having none of it- the thought of doing a reversal was traumatic to him.
  • My H is getting a vasectomy as soon as they will let him (he's 29 and we have no kids, don't want any). I'm glad he understands that the procedure to get him fixed is much easier than getting me fixed.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • My H is getting a vasectomy as soon as they will let him (he's 29 and we have no kids, don't want any).
    Can I tell you that it's a huge pile of horseshit that they have to 'let' him get the V?  I mean, y'all know the implications of getting one and if you can prove you understand the gravity of the decision, there shouldn't be any arbitrary 'waiting' period. 
  • My H is getting a vasectomy as soon as they will let him (he's 29 and we have no kids, don't want any).
    Can I tell you that it's a huge pile of horseshit that they have to 'let' him get the V?  I mean, y'all know the implications of getting one and if you can prove you understand the gravity of the decision, there shouldn't be any arbitrary 'waiting' period. 

Oh I agree. I have very limited BC options and have had terrible side effects from a lot of them. So I have to just deal with it until some ass who doesn't even know us to "allow" him to control his own sperm? Annoying as shit. I told him to tell his doctor that he already has six children. What would they do, check?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Oh I agree. I have very limited BC options and have had terrible side effects from a lot of them. So I have to just deal with it until some ass who doesn't even know us to "allow" him to control his own sperm? Annoying as shit. I told him to tell his doctor that he already has six children. What would they do, check?
    My friend had a lot of issues TTC to the point where she and her H decided that not having kids was the best thing for her mental health and their marriage, and she still had trouble getting sterilized (she finally did and it's a good thing since she's had some major health issues that have popped up since then.  They would have had impacts on her ability to carry a baby to term and/or care for a child).  *smh*  It's totally fucked up how the system works with regard to competent people making health decisions about their own bodies. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards