Wedding Woes

Last Monday in January

2»

Re: Last Monday in January

• i can't win in terms of BC, but the Mirena was my best option. (the hormonal stuff triggers migraines, but I get more ovarian cysts with the Mirena). 

I'd like to get a hysterectomy (to reduce cancer risk - maternal Grandma died of ovarian cancer) - but it's a bit of a hard sell for DK (he would still like another kid) - so we're at an impasse. (FWIW, my OBGYN would be supportive of the hysterectomy if I told him that I wanted to go forward - given the cyst history, a benign ovarian tumor, a fibroid, preeclapmsia and a rough/high-risk pregnancy, my age isn't as much of a factor.)
  • lyndausvi said:
    I've spent the weekend doing almost nothing, I did basic cleaning and laundry but stayed in. My mom is coming tomorrow and will be here for 2 weeks, so I really need to do more.  No school here again today, so no grandkids.

TMI ahead - I've been having very heavy periods for about 2 years now, my reg. Dr. said she thought pre menopause, and I am on blood thinners, so I have just been dealing with it. But, this month I bled 2 weeks, stopped for about 4 days, and now since Thurs I've been a mess, huge clots and having to change clothes a few times a day.  Ugh, I'm going to have to make a gyno appt. and I just don't want to deal with anymore health crap.
    I'm sorry.  I'm going through the same stuff for the last 2 years also.

Back in Nov I had a 25 day period (mostly heavy).    Nothing since then. HOWEVER, I'm having insomnia and hot flashes.      I have mostly cut out all alcohol and started taking Vit -E and Black Conosh which has helped with the hot flashes.    I heard taking Vit D can help.  I already drink milk daily and my Vit D levels are really good, so I'm not taking any additional.    

I read I should removed refined sugars too.  Fuck that.  Being a woman sucks enough I'm not going to give up everything.

My weekend was uneventful.  Although I did make some kick-ass french bread baguettes.     I think I will be baking me own bread from now on.
    Fuck that noise!  I'm sorry :/

This is why I'm on continuous BC and have been (officially) for the past 5 years.  I'm done with periods.  I've been done with them since I was a teenager and they were 7 days of heavy flow and cramps that could kill an elephant. . . which are symptoms for endo.

As soon as I figured out I could just skip the placebo pills, I did, and never looked back, lol.
    My H is getting a vasectomy as soon as they will let him (he's 29 and we have no kids, don't want any).
    Can I tell you that it's a huge pile of horseshit that they have to 'let' him get the V?  I mean, y'all know the implications of getting one and if you can prove you understand the gravity of the decision, there shouldn't be any arbitrary 'waiting' period. 
    Thank the lawyers for this shit.  Doctors are afraid of being sued by patients who change their minds and then can't have kids, hence why most make it a PIA to get a sterilization procedure.  I've been asking to have my tubes tied since I was 21.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards