• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Woes

:(

Dear Prudence,
After years of putting it off, I have taken the plunge and decided to go on hormones to transition from male to female. My partner has been so supportive and I treasure him dearly, and we decided to abstain from sex until some future point where I felt it was right. Last week we shared a deeply intimate moment at karaoke (it sounds strange, but he sang a song that’s very meaningful to me, and I cried) and we ended up having sex. I was a full and enthusiastic participant, but after the rapture subsided and my tears of joy turned to tears of shame, we both knew it was a mistake. Now we are both so riddled with guilt we can hardly look at each other. My doctor gave me the names of targeted therapists, but I didn’t think I would need it at the time. This is becoming too much for me. Now I’m not even sure I want to continue with the transition. I don’t know if this is a normal part of the transitioning process. Should I talk to somebody about this, or just ride it out and see if it will pass?

—Full of Guilt

Re: :(

• I think it is a part of the transitioning process from purely anecdotal sources.  She needs to go to the therapy and maybe also with her partner to help them through this time.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards