Wedding Woes
Options

It's Wednesday, right?

With the kids home, I have lost track of space and time.  Ha. 

Yesterday went well.  I think this summer will work out. Especially once I have doors. 

The podcast I recommended yesterday is not for the faint of heart.  The two original eps I listened to were OK.  However, I listened to some other ones and they were sad and scary.  One had me in tears.

Re: It's Wednesday, right?

• Options

Thank you, Jesus, and I have Friday off.

I'm trying to get back to the gym from my slight sabbatical, and I'm tired as all get out. Let's hope spring fever hasn't taken root and these kids don't wig out today.

• Options
    It's Hump Day!  We are preparing for snowmageddon later today.  The latest model has us getting 8-14" of heavy, wet snow starting today and going into tomorrow.  It's not unusual for us to get a big spring snow fall, but it was 60 degrees yesterday and I'm ready for real spring.  

In other news, I finished the second round of antibiotics Sunday and have a little scratchiness in my throat again today.  Crossing all fingers and toes that it's not the strep rearing its ugly head again.
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:
    It's Hump Day!  We are preparing for snowmageddon later today.  The latest model has us getting 8-14" of heavy, wet snow starting today and going into tomorrow.  It's not unusual for us to get a big spring snow fall, but it was 60 degrees yesterday and I'm ready for real spring.  

In other news, I finished the second round of antibiotics Sunday and have a little scratchiness in my throat again today.  Crossing all fingers and toes that it's not the strep rearing its ugly head again.
    Here's hoping the scratchiness is spring allergies and not The Return of Strep!  Sending you all the Zithromax vibes.  ;)  I can't believe you're getting that much snow!  When I was little and lived in the Midwest, it was always really confusing for me when we got snow around Easter. 

I am having a weird day.  I was feeling sort of anxious this morning, which is unusual for me.  I think it may have been too much coffee on an empty stomach, because then the anxiety subsided and I feel like I have been extremely productive ever since.  Which could also be the caffeine.  I have been toying with the idea of tapering my consumption down--it has gradually crept up to a small cup of coffee on the way to/from the bus stop, a giant one on the drive in that I nurse at my desk, a 12 oz. (usually) diet Coke with lunch, and another one before I leave so I'm not dragging through the evening routine.  I don't have any trouble falling asleep, luckily, but objectively it looks like a lot.  So maybe it's time to cut back, if I'm having random anxiety.  (But the subsequent super-productivity has been awesome, I have to admit.)

Backyard was supposed to start today but was delayed because the HOA wanted more drawings.  They're reviewing them now.  I know people hate on HOAs, but I really don't mind ours so much. 

My phone--which is actually DH's hammy down from when my previous one died--is on its last legs.  The screen was already cracked when I got it, and now the display is starting to go and the touch screen is getting wonky.  DH is gadgety and is super excited to go phone shopping, while I would almost rather have my teeth cleaned.  (SO not gadgety.)  He loves his 6+ but I feel like it's too big for me (it won't even fit in my car's phone slot!), so I think I'll go with the 6.  I just want something that holds all my apps and lets me take decent snapshots on the fly, because cuteness usually happens when I least expect it.

And now, looking at the length of this post, I'm back to thinking it's time to cut back on the caffeine.
    httpsmedia4giphycommedia3a5utmfTGKGKA200_sgif

• Options

Son and I are going to see Cloverfield in a bit.  We might go get lunch when it's over.  We never get to hang out just the two of us, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with him today.

• Options

It is Wednesday and with Friday off, I love short weeks.

So I'm not a morning person. FI knows this. But still EVERY morning, he asks me "what's wrong?" because I'm not bouncing off the walls like him. This morning, I asked him if I can just be me and let me wake up on my own time? He replies sure, you do it anyways. So I stuck my foot in my mouth and replied: Why are you always trying to make me be happy?! Yep, I felt like an ass. He got this sad face and I said shit, that came out wrong. I'm sorry! Then we laughed about it. But I still feel like an ass :/

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I got Friday off, but vacation time didn't come through off my pending request.  DH and the kids will all be home Friday, so I will be worthless to my job.  They really should just give me the day off.  :D 
  • Options
    Oh no @MNNEBride!  I hope it's just part of the healing.  But I know that itchiness/tingle feeling.  ::crossing crossables:: 
  • Options
    I'm so miserable this morning, that I almost called in sick and stayed snuggled in my bed.  But I have things I need to get accomplished at work. However, I'm now on my 2nd cup of coffee and still looking at the list of "get finished today" and hurting.  I thought I split my lip this morning from just dry skin, but nope, it was just a pimple from the dry skin/Kleenex over use, I scratched the top off of.  The pain almost brought me to my knees, so now I'm just annoyed.

Someone make it 5 o'clock?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We registered M2 for kindergarten!!  I took her to lunch then a girly, girly place after.  She got her hair cut, dried, braided, and sprayed with glitter and "cupcake scent."  Then she got a glitter cheek tattoo and glittery nailpolish.  They have a runway she got to walk down to. She had a BALL.  I just tried not to cry at how old she is.

6let has landed on a lacrosse team with a mom I've been avoiding.  She's just too much and she's a mean drunk.  She gets drunk often.  Last night's texts went like this. (she used to do this sort of thing every night)

Her: I can see why lacrosse is called a rich kid's sport.  Gloves from 50-350
    Me: we had a bunch of coupons so it helped
    Her: We need to open a store for used equipment and not charge what play it again sports does.
    Me: I've actually never heard it call a rich kid sport. I didn't know any schools that had it and didn't see it until I lived in NY.
    Her: You didn't grow up on the south side.  Andrew's husband said it is too.

Then I put my phone away.

I get up this morning
    Her: I'm sorry if I offended
    Her: I never seem to say anything right...looking forward to seeing you this season
    Her: Looks like you had fun, Meg's hair is so beautiful and thick.  It looked pretty braided.

• Options
    Yesterday was primary day in AZ. I actually changed my party affiliation to be able to vote in this election, and I voted early. But it was a complete clusterfuck and this morning I'm listening to people talk about fraud, questioning wth the county did, etc. I love drama of all sorts, so I'm interested. 

Otherwise, same old stuff. My grandparents come to town today and we're having them over on Saturday night for dinner. I've got to start working on getting my house clean because we've got plenty going on between now and then. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I'm so miserable this morning, that I almost called in sick and stayed snuggled in my bed.  But I have things I need to get accomplished at work. However, I'm now on my 2nd cup of coffee and still looking at the list of "get finished today" and hurting.  I thought I split my lip this morning from just dry skin, but nope, it was just a pimple from the dry skin/Kleenex over use, I scratched the top off of.  The pain almost brought me to my knees, so now I'm just annoyed.

Someone make it 5 o'clock?
    Sorry, V.  Hope you are on the mend soon!
  • Options
    MNNEBride said:

Thankfully the warmth is heading off some of the snow at the pass!  It was suppose to start at 6AM here and nothing has started yet <whew>...  I'm ready for winter to be over even if that means mosquitoes and mowing...

Yesterday was project day here...  The sad part is there's still so much more to get done around here - and it feels like I've been run over by a Mack Truck...  With any luck though I'll be putting ceiling up today though!!

• Options
    My MIL is still in the hospital after having had a heart attack several weeks ago. She is also fighting cancer. She doesn't seem to be improving and docs can't figure out why. Poor H. He is the sane one of his siblings and is having to be the responsible son. Unfortunately we don't live close to his parents. 2 of the 3 kids are going to be home for Easter - if MIL lasts that long. I've really been looking forward to having some family time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards