Wedding Woes

Monday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2016 in Wedding Woes
How was the weekend?? 

Ours was OK.  I worked all day Saturday.  DH worked too, but got home before 1p. 

We watched The Good Dinosaur on Saturday night.  It seriously made me want to cry about 5 times.  Good movie, but Disney are some cruel bastards. 

Yesterday, I did some running around and DH started painting my French doors for my office. 

Oh and I did some recipe searching and came up with a fun side dish with our steaks last night.  Roasted fresh broc and asparagus tossed with sauteed onions,  crumbled bacon, garlic, vinegar, and spicy brown mustard. DefConn gobbled it up.  The kiddo didn't even try it, but that is how my kids go regarding food.  

Re: Monday!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Friday morning DH took the kids to my folks.  I had the house to myself!  I went to the grocery, worked, exercised and took my grand old time getting ready.  When he got home we hit happy hour then hung out.

Saturday was first baseball practice and party prep. 

Sunday was M2's party she had a BLAST.  I don't think she stopped smiling all day.  It wouldn't be without shenanigans though- BIL texted at noon to say THEY weren't going to be at the party because HIS stomach was upset.  MIL and sFIL were almost 2 hrs late because the dog had training.  Then she was annoyed the strawberries were gone.
  • My weekend with my students went well. They all showed up to the things they were supposed to be at, they all got a long, and they even won some awards. It's a lot of work and stress but seeing them accomplish so much by the end of the weekend does make it worth it (most of the time). Cheesy, I know, but I'm proud of them. 
  • We finally bought a lawn mower.  We're broke again, but the lawn got mowed for the first time since we bought it in October.  Took all damn day to get the grass cut, but now it looks like civilized folk live at the bottom of the hill.  The last of the Christmas decorations also came down.  Adulting is hard work.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Saturday night DH and I went to dinner and an arcade bar with a couple friends.  It was so much fun.  We will definitely go back to the arcade bar.

We didn't do much yesterday.  I was ridiculously tired from staying up until midnight the night before.  I just can't hang anymore without lots of preparation.

• I did a lot of self care this weekend.  Friday I stayed in, slept, watched RuPaul's Drag Race.  Saturday I did a bunch of paperwork for Pride, we messed with K's hair for upcoming pageant ideas, watched a bunch of bad television and movies and made a great dinner.  I went to bed at 7:30 and had to force myself out teh next morning at 9:00 (side note: I realized that I've been out of my iron supplement and I think this is why I'm so damn tired, so I'm picking it up today).  Sunday was more paperwork, went and saw my dogs and parents for a good long time, another nap, and just relaxing and reading at home.
  • Weekend zoo plans fell through when I got a call from daycare on Friday:  DS was running a fever.  Seems like he came down with whatever Wooz had last weekend.  So I ended up WFH Friday p.m. while he napped.  Fever didn't break until yesterday, so DH was going to take DD on a substitute outing, but she kept dragging her feet and pretty much wanted to hang out at home.  So we did. 

Snagged our second-choice swim spot with both kids in the same timeslot. :)

Other than that, it was pretty boring.  DS was definitely under the weather, it wasn't one of those where the thermometer says fever but he's still running around--you could tell he wasn't feeling well, especially when the Motrin started to wear off.  So we stayed in most of the weekend and I was going a little stir crazy by the end.  I made a run to the produce stand and Publix, and it felt like an event. 

We watched The Good Dinosaur on Saturday night.  It seriously made me want to cry about 5 times.  Good movie, but Disney are some cruel bastards. 

Oh and I did some recipe searching and came up with a fun side dish with our steaks last night.  Roasted fresh broc and asparagus tossed with sauteed onions,  crumbled bacon, garlic, vinegar, and spicy brown mustard. DefConn gobbled it up.  The kiddo didn't even try it, but that is how my kids go regarding food.  
    DH made this really good grilled salmon yesterday with tomatoes and garlic and asparagus, and the kids hardly touched it.  DS ate a few fistfuls of salmon and pointedly ignored the veggies, and Wooz said she didn't like it before the first bite even passed her lips.  (Also:  saw The Good Dinosaur at the theater and was pretty meh, for some reason.  But Inside Out still makes me cry after like 20 times, so ???)

Spring break is over, and you could definitely tell based on the traffic this morning.  Last week spoiled me.
  • Weekend was good.
    TMI warning.
    Friday, FH and I got drunk and fooled around. 

Saturday, we got breakfast, then he napped while I read. We did some mild cleaning but mostly relaxing.

Sunday, I slept in till 11! I haven't done that in forever, my body must have needed it. It was another boring, chill day. I swept the house, did some yard work, while FH did laundry and packed. I dropped him off at the airport, when I got home I lit a fire in the firepit and had a glass of wine. Then I watched TWD until bedtime.
  • Weekend was pretty good. Quite, for me at least.

Friday, FI and I were so tired we ordered Chili's To Go and stayed home and binge watched Game of Thrones. I'm trying to get FI caught up before the new season starts.

Saturday, FI got up early and went fishing with his dad. I rolled over and we back to sleep until 9. Got up, made coffee and the cat and I sat outside until FI got home about 3. I finally finished the book I was reading, only to start another. FI made grilled chicken, grilled pineapple, bacon wrapped asparagus and sweet potatoes for dinner. It was yummy.

Sunday, FI got up early once again to go fishing but this time with his mom. It was her birthday. I got up with him. We did dinner with her last night an then came home to watch TWD.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ILs are in town until tomorrow, so I haven't been able to rest/relax enough to fully recover from the flu. (I was sick 3/24-3/30ish - they came in to town on the 29th.)  I still have a really bad cough, and the meds/inhaler aren't helping. DK is taking his dad to the NCAA championship game, tonight, so I'll be on kid/MIL duty.

I do have OSIL gossip that I'll post on FB. 

I got tickets for Wicked when the touring company comes through this summer. It's going to be Wolverine's first musical, so I'm getting her pumped up now. 5.5yo might be a little early, but she sits though movies well, and I think she'll like the show/characters, even if she doesn't fully "get" it. We watched the Wizard of Oz, yesterday, and I got the soundtrack so we can play it in the car. We also went shopping with MIL on Saturday and I got her a dress that can double for graduation and the theater - so she's excited to wear a "gown")

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    DC just sent out this month's calendar, and apparently Week of the Young Child has rolled around again.  DS will be thrilled, because he asked to wear his shark costume yesterday, and I felt too badly about him being sick to deny him.  He cried when we took it off to give him a bath.  Next Wednesday is Book Character Costume Day, and he'll be thrilled to wear ol' Sharky again.  Now I just have to dig up one of our shark books...

He's also having a crazy hair day next week, and Wooz has one in a couple of weeks.  Looks like I'll be making a trip to the party store for colored hairspray.

And speaking of fish (sort of), poor DS's betta, Red Rojo, is sick.  Looks like a case of cotton wool disease, so we've been dosing him with Lifeguard and hoping for the best.  Under the best of circumstances, half the time I think he's dead anyway, because we never had a betta before; it took me forever to get used to the way he just sits there, not moving. 

We're pretty religious about maintaining both tanks' water, but I read that stress can be a factor.  And unfortunately, DD's kitten recently discovered that there are actual, living fish inside the aquariums, and has been stalking them accordingly.  When we're home, DD or I will move her, but I suspect when we're not around she does whatever she pleases.  (Because cat.) 

http4bpblogspotcom-qGwEc51JgXsUdzK2YhIlsIAAAAAAAAD4cWQyqb0Tgd0cs1600tumblr_m23en9eqnT1qfo57ro1_400gif

http25mediatumblrcom6198dc4b2b9805142b45577cf4d54665tumblr_mtkgfoSyqQ1shr3moo3_r1_250gif
  • I haven't seen the Good Dinosaur but I swear I cry at pretty much every Disney movie. H and I were the creepy adults in the theater watching Inside Out without kids and I totally cried for the imaginary friend guy. Hell, I cry in Finding Nemo before the opening credits.

My weekend was nice. Quiet. H and I went to dinner on Saturday and had a nice money talk. He plays bass and his amp took a shit. All of his basses need work and music is currently consuming his brain. I told him I felt like total shit for saying that we can't afford to do anything about it but here I just spent like $1200 on tickets. And we really need/want a fence. So we're going to try to find a happy medium. Which probably means I won't go to GNR and watch that trainwreck this summer.

Yesterday I made a ton of food and meal prepped for this weeks lunches, dinners and breakfasts for H. I should know by now that 5 hours in the kitchen wearing flip flops is a bad idea. My body hurts today.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • This weekend was awesome! I got into PA pretty late on Friday night, but DH was right there waiting for me when I landed. I almost knocked him over out of sheer excitement to see him :)

TMI alert- Saturday morning we caught up on some 3 weeks overdue sex and then decided to get ready and head to Philly for the day. 

DH shares a rental car with one of his coworkers, so he came along with us. He was absolutely hilarious. Thankfully he'd driven in large cities before, so he was the driver and DH navigated.

It was about lunch time when we got there, so we decided to find a place to get some good cheesesteaks. We ended up at a little place called Campos. It was a teeny tiny restaurant but the cheesesteaks were to die for. I'll never be able to eat a knock-off Philly cheesesteak again! 

After lunch we spent a long time walking around and being tourists and then hit up Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. We stopped at an awesome local bar in Bethlehem on the way back to the hotel and had a few drinks and some awesome food. 

Yesterday was a lazy day. We layed around for half the day and then went to the mall for a little bit. We hit up another awesome local bar/restaurant for dinner and I had one of the best burgers I've had in my life. Then, back to the hotel to pack up and watch tv. 

I cried my eyes out when I left DH this morning. Now I'm sitting at the Charlotte airport once again, and I'm drinking mimosas because sad people deserve mimosas. I'm sure that's in the Constitution or something. 

• My Monday has stunk so far.  

Thankfully the weekend was nice.  Friday, I met up with my best friend (event planner) and another good friend (florist) for some wedding planning and boozing.  Don't worry both are being paid and neither are working the day of.  We went through my rental order, created a day of timeline and talked about the flowers.  Basically, they told me what I can order within my budget and I said "okay!"  Saturday night, FI and got boozy, so I drank a lot of water and chilled yesterday.

My biggest frustration today is a genuine first world problem, but it's annoying me!  My parents (divorced), FI and I are flying to Florida for my nieces first birthday over Memorial weekend and renting an AirBnB/VRBO.  My parents don't mind sharing a room with separate beds, but I found a 3 bedroom rental within our budget and the Host hasn't emailed me back.  In the meantime, about 5 rentals on my list were booked.  As soon as I give up on her and commit to another rental, I bet she emails me back.  Argh.

@heffalump, question for a non-mom.  Are these theme / dress up days at school relatively new?  I see friends post about it on Fb all the time too, like 100 day and stuff.  I think we had backward shirt day and that was it!

• @6fsn I'm in. It's not tmi to me, but I warned just in case someone else didn't want to hear it. Ha!

• I cried my eyes out when I left DH this morning. Now I'm sitting at the Charlotte airport once again, and I'm drinking mimosas because sad people deserve mimosas. I'm sure that's in the Constitution or something. 
    That's some Bill of Rights ish right there!
  • Morning.

This weekend was good- very relaxing. Saturday I went to the Ronald McDonald House and helped my mom with the room that they "adopted". I got home, and found that DD had fun with a tube of lipstick and was stained a shade of mauve.

Sunday I was going to go back to see the house as it was the day that everyone was supposed to be done and they were previewing rooms. Instead, I opted to take a 3 hour nap. DS even napped and he never does that. I think we all were overtired.

I am really not feeling like work today. But that's every day.
  • Morning.

This weekend was good- very relaxing. Saturday I went to the Ronald McDonald House and helped my mom with the room that they "adopted". I got home, and found that DD had fun with a tube of lipstick and was stained a shade of mauve.

Sunday I was going to go back to see the house as it was the day that everyone was supposed to be done and they were previewing rooms. Instead, I opted to take a 3 hour nap. DS even napped and he never does that. I think we all were overtired.

I am really not feeling like work today. But that's every day.
  • I made DefConn nap on Saturday because he flipped out 3 times in an hour over really stupid shit (all his flipping out was directed at the kiddo, who was being his annoying, brotherly self...but DefConn was completely overreacting due to being tired). 
  • @6fsn I'm in. It's not tmi to me, but I warned just in case someone else didn't want to hear it. Ha!
    Me too. I just don't know y'all that well and didn't want to be rude.
  • edited April 2016
    So I follow our photographer on IG and recently he has been posting wedding tips. Hopefully you find him as funny as I do.
  • Saturday was the usual laundry, house cleaning, and reading.

Sunday we were going to go shooting, but I woke up with a really bad migraine.  By the time the headache and nausea passed, we had decided to put off shooting until tonight.  But, we will need to go to local shooting range instead of out in the desert, like DH wanted to do, but that's okay.

Work this week is going to be insane and I'm getting anxiety attacks just thinking about it. Suddenly, all of my deadlines are hitting and it seems like I'm behind on everything. So, shooting range tonight may be a good thing to relieve some of the stress and tension I'm dealing with. I really just want to fast forward through this week and have it over with.

• lembasloverlembaslover member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2016
    This weekend went pretty well. Sadly the chicks weren't in on Friday but they did come in Saturday morning so we made a trip over to see them. They are so cute! I like seeing them but on the other hand it pains me to have to walk away without any. Can't wait until next year when hopefully we have a house that allows chickens! Here's a picture I snuck of them:

We didn't get nearly as much done as we wanted but I blame DH. I got the stuff I wanted to get done (laundry, catch-up on dishes, trip to the DUMP and recycle). He wanted to do some major closet organization and I said I'd help but then he spent the majority of both days playing computer games with his friends so it didn't get done. I took a nap both days instead of organizing. Sorry DH but I'm not doing the tasks you wanted to get done while you just sit on the computer.

Little rant: He bought a ridiculously expensive computer before we got married which I told him I was fine with at the time (after all it was his money and he had gotten a really good bonus and promotion so yea he deserved to get something for him) and I am still fine with it. However he now feels like if he doesn't spend time on it every day that it was a waste of money and gets mopey. A lot of times it turns into hours of games. Then he gets pissy when the dishes aren't done or the trash wasn't taken out. So I tell him sorry I'm happy to share in the housework but if you're going to spend your entire Saturday playing games I'm not doing housework either. Well then he gets more mad and is like if you had a problem with the computer, you shouldn't have let me buy it. Ugh he's totally missing the point. But usually he gets over it pretty quickly and he actually just accepted the fact his stuff didn't get done this weekend so maybe he's catching on to what I mean. 

ETA we both work at the same company, similar jobs, same hours so it's not like I stay home and he works or I get home at 2 and he gets home at 7. If that were the case I would totally expect to take on more housework but we've agreed since we both work it should be split pretty much 50/50.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    I made DefConn nap on Saturday because he flipped out 3 times in an hour over really stupid shit (all his flipping out was directed at the kiddo, who was being his annoying, brotherly self...but DefConn was completely overreacting due to being tired). 
    Oh yes.  FB peeps may have seen the snap of the two kids conked out in our bed together.  DS just recently gave up his nap on weekends (at only 2-1/2!  Wooz napped until she was almost five, and at DS's age would nap for three hours.  ::tears::), but with him being sick and Wooz being cranky as all get-out, they both needed that nap.

ETA:

*Barbie* said:

I got tickets for Wicked when the touring company comes through this summer. It's going to be Wolverine's first musical, so I'm getting her pumped up now. 5.5yo might be a little early, but she sits though movies well, and I think she'll like the show/characters, even if she doesn't fully "get" it. We watched the Wizard of Oz, yesterday, and I got the soundtrack so we can play it in the car. We also went shopping with MIL on Saturday and I got her a dress that can double for graduation and the theater - so she's excited to wear a "gown")

I think she'll love it.  Wooz was barely 4 when we took her to see Lion King, the Musical when it was touring, and she was fine.  Intermission helps a ton!  I think if Wolverine is fine at movies, Wicked should not be a problem.

@heffalump, question for a non-mom.  Are these theme / dress up days at school relatively new?  I see friends post about it on Fb all the time too, like 100 day and stuff.  I think we had backward shirt day and that was it!

I think yes and no, some are.  Since my oldest has been in preschool, every year they've done something big for Dr. Seuss's birthday, which wasn't really a thing when I was a kid.  (Maybe because he was still alive then.  I am old now.)  And 100 days of school wasn't a thing either, and now it most definitely is.  But we did have the occasional spirit days:  red, white, and blue day; crazy hair day; hat day, etc.

Which reminds me, Teacher Appreciation Day  Week* is looming...

* I almost forgot, it's all week long at both kids' schools.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards