Wedding Woes

Tuesday

I got the 'official' word that the school system received DefConn's registration and we've been assigned our elementary.  :D

GMIL (MIL's mom) continues her campaign to be the worst.person.ever.  :/ The details don't matter, but she's been on a roll of being pretty horrible since MIL died.  I know DH won't ever cut off contact with her, but I can safely say that I hope to never speak to her or see her again.  

We're starting to plan out the details of our Hawaii vacation.  I am getting so damn excited.  :)  DH and I are like two kids when we talk about our plans. 

Re: Tuesday

• I made terrible coffee and am drinking it as punishment... also, I need it. 
  • I made terrible coffee and am drinking it as punishment... also, I need it. 
    I hate when that happens!  :( 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    M2 has her cardiology appointment today. 

My siblings want to throw my mom a bday party...at the zoo...on father's day.  I'm trying to politely say it's not the best idea.  Apparently my mom told my 13 yo niece that's what she wanted for her 70th.  I'm not sure it's what mom really wants.  The zoo is free for dad's that day so it's CRAZY busy.  We're 20 people how is that going to work?  What if it rains?
  • 6fsn said:

::vibes::  I hope everything goes well. 
  • I'm shoe shopping.  It never fails.  No matter when each of the kids' shoes are purchased, they all crap out at the same time.  It's like they do it on purpose.

Baseball games start this week, so I'm trying to prepare for the crazy.

• tawillers said:

I'm shoe shopping.  It never fails.  No matter when each of the kids' shoes are purchased, they all crap out at the same time.  It's like they do it on purpose.

YES.  Mine always go up a size at the same time.  We go from having tons of shoes that fit to none, and then DH is like "What is this huge charge from Zappos.com, did someone steal our credit card number?"

httpwwwreactiongifscomrtmimngif

6fsn said:

My siblings want to throw my mom a bday party...at the zoo...on father's day.  I'm trying to politely say it's not the best idea.  Apparently my mom told my 13 yo niece that's what she wanted for her 70th.  I'm not sure it's what mom really wants.  The zoo is free for dad's that day so it's CRAZY busy.  We're 20 people how is that going to work?  What if it rains?
    Good luck at your appointment!  And NO to the zoo.

• Well I'm starting to look for accessories for my wedding dress. Who knew that all the small shit would have me freaking out?! Plus I'm hoping to finally meet with the lady who is going to be doing the centerpieces and the rest of the decorations. She has changed our appointment 3 times. This is her final chance before I move on and figure this shit out myself. Did I mention that the idea of centerpieces gives me panic attacks? Ok, done with wedding rant.

I got home from work last night, told FI I was tired and we were having chorizo and eggs for dinner. Its easy and quick. When I went to bed, I was freaking hotter than hell and ended up reading until 10:15 pm. And I woke up with a scratchy throat. I'm not happy about that :(

6fsn said:

Good vibes for the both of you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @6fsn - I missed the OP about M2, but I hope she does well at her appointment. 

I'm dead tired today. I'm still not fully over the flu, and am fighting this awful cough. I didn't get much sleep last night, and then accidentally slept in this morning. I'm at the office now, fighting to stay awake. 

DK and FIL were at the NCAA basketball championship game last night - they said it was a crazy atmosphere with the way that the game ended. They had a blast going to the 3 games this weekend. MIL and FIL are leaving today - their visit was pretty  good overall, but i'm excited to have my house back. I'm also over hearing about OSIL's divorce drama, and how OSIL is such a victim. News flash - they have been married for 11 years , none of this behavior is new, she chose to marry him and have 3 kids with him, so he is not fully at fault for this situation. 

• I skipped a "mandatory" staff meeting this morning.  If anyone asks, I'll say it was so I could catch up on my work... which is partly true, except I wouldn't be so behind if I didn't have wedding brain.  It's pure madness to expect brides to actually get work done at work.

Our officiant called again last night.  We're trying to do a pretty unique unity ceremony centered around family crests, and she asked last night if we "wanted to do the unity candle with the family crests on the candles" or "tie the scarf into a knot."

I don't know how hard it is to understand that we want to PIN the crests TO the scarf...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm actually looking forward to cooking dinner tonight. We just joined Blue Apron and we love it so far! At first we were like eh it's too expensive but I've been so bored with food lately that this is totally perfect! I tend to just eat what I like so I live on spaghetti and pizza and burritos. Which I love those things and could live on them but DH gets sick of them and we're trying to eat healthy which means none or very little of those things so then I'm just sad. Since I'm a vegetarian and he's not, he's happy just making a nice piece of meat and veggies for sides but that doesn't work for me and I end up sad and then don't stick with a diet. I also struggle with portion control and b/c DH is over 6ft and I'm just 5ft 2" it's hard to eat like half as much food as he does. So far the first 2 meals we cooked were delicious and I think this will help us get some more variety and will be healthier. Plus since there is exactly 2 servings that are usually ~650-700 calories I just give him 2/3 and take 1/3 and then our calories are more balanced.

Now just hoping I make it to dinner. I'm kind of dragging since I stayed up too late reading again. I couldn't figure out why my underwear felt so weird today... well they are backwards and since I'm not taking my shoes off in the bathroom I'm stuck like this until I get home at 6pm...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Diva is kind of driving me crazy.  Then I kind of yelled at him, "Well I know I put the damn things in the file, so instead of trying to tell me you can't see them, would you like me to come down there and show you where they are?" and he simmered down.  I'm not fond of yelling at my boss; I'm also not fond of being gaslighted.

So, former DH started hitting on one of my friends, I found out last night.  I knew that when I found out he was starting to date, it would bother me (I don't feel like going into a lot of details, but he was treating me like a roommate for the past 3-5 years, so knowing that he's finding another woman interesting enough to pay any sort of romantic attention to is really hurtful b/c he wouldn't do that for me).  I was prepared as I could be for it, which was pretty much not at all, so I self medicated with wine while stuffing envelopes.  Friend told him no (she's got a boyfriend) and got a little snark in for me (friend has been pissed about former MIL calling me a "heinous witch" on former DH's FB wall) by telling him that she didn't like the way him and "that woman named NJ" had been talking about me.  Also, GET YOUR OWN DAMN FRIENDS.  The co-dependency is supposed to be out of my life.  

In other news:  I am going to K's roller derby bout this weekend.  Were I will meet her parents.  I have some very weird feels about this.  :smile:   A good friend has randomly come into town on a break from working for HRC's campaign.  And I'm starving for lunch.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    *double post*
  • Varuna- what your DH did was a dick move. I'm sorry. That sucks. I'm glad your friend had your back though! 

Today was alright. Back in January I was informed that my position would be moved to a branch in Atlanta. I was told I was welcome to keep it if I was willing to move (I wasn't), but that if I didn't move the bank would find another position for me. The lady who was chosen to take over with me has known since January that she needed to learn this job. She's spent time sitting with me since then and was also added to our group email so she could get an idea of the day to day back and forth that takes place with this position. 

Well, she came in town today to do some more training with me since I only have a week and a half left at the bank (yay!!). Within her first 5 minutes there she let me know that she hasn't been paying attention to any of the emails and really has no idea what she is doing because she assumed she'd have at least another month before she would be taking over the position. I'm almost certain that my face said "are you f***ing kidding me?!?!" while my mouth said "well I will just cram as much training in with you as I can before I leave". The rest of the day consisted of me answering questions that I have not only answered but explained in depth multiple times. These people are going to be up the creek without a paddle once I leave since I'm the only person who even knows how to do my job. Oh well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards