Wedding Woes
Options

*heffa* (again)

What kind of security system did you get? 

Re: *heffa* (again)

• Options
    We have CPI.  They're local (I think?).  It came with the house so we said what the hell. Our last house had an old ADT system but we never set up monitoring.

(FWIW, DS is totally the kind of kid who would figure out how to arm the system when everyone else is busy distracted with other things.) 

Please do not turn me into a skinsuit.  :)

• Options
    We just recently got a system too (SimpliSafe).  DefConn can't reach the pad and we keep the fobs away from him.  (Our fobs only have the 'off' and 'away' settings, plus the panic button...but, not the 'home' setting, which I get, but it's annoying because it would be nice to set the home setting from the fob. Since we're in a tri level house, we're probably going to get a pad to go on the middle level.) 

DefConn set it off last weekend because he went downstairs before DH and me, and then he opened the front door to 'check the weather' (because a window wasn't good enough?), which tripped our entry sensor.  They called in less than 10 secs and I'm trying to remember my 'safe' word (turns out it's MIL's first name, which I decided on...but in my defense, I had no coffee in my system since I was still in bed). 
  • Options
    We just recently got a system too (SimpliSafe).  DefConn can't reach the pad and we keep the fobs away from him.  (Our fobs only have the 'off' and 'away' settings, plus the panic button...but, not the 'home' setting, which I get, but it's annoying because it would be nice to set the home setting from the fob. Since we're in a tri level house, we're probably going to get a pad to go on the middle level.) 

DefConn set it off last weekend because he went downstairs before DH and me, and then he opened the front door to 'check the weather' (because a window wasn't good enough?), which tripped our entry sensor.  They called in less than 10 secs and I'm trying to remember my 'safe' word (turns out it's MIL's first name, which I decided on...but in my defense, I had no coffee in my system since I was still in bed). 
    See, there's our problem.  Ours is in the front hallway, which is also where I decided to put the storage bench.  We weren't too concerned that DS could reach, because it's not like he could figure out how to work it, right?

httpikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--LVvUYXEG--naltzzezyd50abialdpgjpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards